Piercing Andre's Heart {3}

***Andre’s POV***

                “God Jay, Pierce was so attractive!” I cried dreamily as we walked into school the next day. “Yes, he was. I’d tap that,” he said with a wink and I blushed a little. “Oh, hey, did he ever text you?” he asked curiously and I shook my head slowly. “No. Maybe he just forgot,” I said quietly.

                Jay sighed. “I have to go to my locker. I’ll see you in first period Aleixandre,” he said and waved before taking off. I waved back before walking towards our first period class.

                The books I was carrying suddenly went flying out of my hands and I stumbled, barely managing to keep my balance. Laughter exploded behind me and I spun to face Robbie and Leo. They always bullied me, and I hated it.

                “Can’t keep your balance, faget?” Robbie asked with a smirk. I knelt on the floor and began to gather my books. Robbie’s foot made contact with my side and I crashed to the ground with a cry of pain.

                Leo pulled me back to my knees and they grinned. “On your knees, where you belong. Fag,” Robbie said before spitting in my face. I wiped my arm across my face and he kicked me in the chest, sending me back to the ground.

                They laughed before walking away from me, leaving only a few kids who had been watching to laugh at me. I hurriedly gathered my books and took off running. I ran to the boys’ bathroom and into a stall. I bent my head into my hands and desperately fought back tears.

                “You’re okay, Aleixandre. Don’t be a pussy. Don’t cry. Don’t give them what they want,” I whispered shakily, knowing for a fact I was the only one in here right now. And yet tears sprang to my eyes. I rubbed them viciously. I was so weak. I hated it.

                Why couldn’t they leave me alone? I had never done anything bad to them! I hadn’t been lying when I had told Pierce that I hated homophobes.

                As if on cue, my phone vibrated and I saw that it was a message from a number I didn’t know. I opened my phone and smiled a little, sniffing.

                Hey Andre. It’s Pierce. How ya doin? ;DD

                Smiling a little wider, I replied.

                Hi Pierce. Good ;pp

                I put my phone back in my pocket before getting up. I left the bathroom and went up to first period. I sat down in my seat and waited to feel the vibration from Pierce’s reply.

                “Aleixandre, what happened?!” Jay cried, staring at me in shock. “What?” I asked, realizing my voice was still shaking. “Your eyes dude! Were you crying?” He had lowered his voice. He suddenly got a furious look.

                “Dammit Aleixandre! Why won’t you just stand up for yourself? I know it was them! Why won’t you just defend yourself? They can’t treat you like that. You don’t deserve it,” he said desperately.

                “I don’t care. I’m used to it,” I mumbled. He opened his mouth to protest, and I was grateful when the teacher walked in and started class. Robbie and Leo always picked on me, especially since I had come out as gay.

                But I was proud as hell to be gay, and those two weren’t going to change that. I’d rather get bullied for who I am, than live a life of lies.

                My thoughts traveled over to Pierce. I wondered if he had to deal with bullies. Did he stick up for himself? He was such a confident person. He surely did to have that kind of swag.

                My phone buzzed and I waited until the teacher had turned to the board before pulling it out of my pocket and hastily opening it to read the message from Pierce.

                Well that’s good :] Hey you should come up to the park today and we can chill. I won’t even smoke ;]

                I bit my lip so I wouldn’t laugh and replied that that would be great. He texted back a minute later to tell me to meet him at the park at 4 p.m. and that he couldn’t wait to see me.

                The bullies were wiped clean from my mind at the thought of hanging out with Pierce. Maybe my luck was turning around and I could finally have a chance at a relationship. I knew that I barely knew Pierce, but we could hangout a lot and get to know each other. He was so attractive. Looks weren’t everything, and I respected that. I wanted to date a boy with a good personality. Hopefully Pierce would have that. This could be the greatest thing in my life!