Piercing Andre's Heart {4}

“Bye Ms. Walker!” I called. “Bye Aleixandre,” she called back with a smile as I left her classroom. I had stayed after school to help her organize files. I wasn’t a suck up or anything. I just generally liked to help people when I could. It made me feel good.

                I left the school and checked the time. I was a little late to meet up with Pierce, but not too late. Besides, maybe I could blow it off as fashionably late or some shit like that. Shrugging, I pulled out my iPod and put on some Alesana as I began to walk away from the school.

                “Hey fag. You kissing teachers’ asses? Or sucking their dicks?” I gulped a little and walked a little faster, praying that Robbie and Leo would just leave me alone for once. They had probably stayed for the after school program. It was the only way they’d be able to play sports and attend school dances.

                “Aw, why you running away from us faget?” Leo asked with a smirk as they advanced at me. Leo grabbed my arm roughly and I tried to yank it free. “Please! Let me go!” I cried and they laughed at me. “Please let me go,” Robbie mocked.

                They dragged me around to the side of the school where it would be hard for anyone to see us. Robbie smirked at me as Leo held me tightly. “You like sucking dick so much, faget, than prove it.” He gently rested his hands on his jeans.

                “You’re crazy!” I cried. “You’re going to call me a faget and then make me…You’re a sick hypocrite!” He and Leo laughed and Leo forced me to my knees in front of Robbie.

                “Stop!” I begged desperately. “Please stop!” Leo grabbed a handful of my hair and grinned. “Let em drop, Robbie!” he said, the amusement in his voice making me feel sick.

                “Let him go!”

                The voice cut across sharp and furious. It made my heart stop. It made me feel beyond embarrassed that I had just been caught in this position.

                Pierce glared at Robbie and Leo with such fierce hatred that it made even me shudder. Robbie looked at Pierce curiously. “Who the fuck are you?” he demanded.

                “Pierce Harts. And you’re going to let him go right now before I beat the shit out of you to the point where your own mother couldn’t recognize your fucked up face,” he growled.

                Robbie and Leo both started laughing. “Wow fag, have to have your boyfriend come to your rescue?” Leo asked, yanking my head up painfully. I bit my lip to keep from gasping out in pain. He grabbed one of my arms and twisted it painfully behind me.

                “Let him go!” Pierce snapped. “Make me,” Leo said in amusement. Pierce strolled over casually and shrugged. “If you insist.” His fist struck Leo in the face with such speed that Leo didn’t even see it coming.

                He staggered to the sound with a howl of pain as his nose exploded into a fountain of blood. Sadly, he was still holding my hair. I cried out as he yanked me to the ground. “You fucker!” he roared. He released my hair and jumped at Pierce.

                He and Pierce fell to the ground struggling wildly, throwing punches and cussing each other out. Robbie jumped in and shoved Pierce off of Leo. “We’ll get both of you for this,” he threatened. Leo’s shirt was stained with blood and his nose was still gushing.

                They turned and stormed off, kicking me as they went along. Pierce jumped up and hurried over to me. “Are you okay Andre?” he asked in concern.

                He helped me up and I nodded weakly. “A-Are you?” I asked quietly and he nodded. “Why were you letting them do that?” he demanded. The memory of mine and Jay’s discussion this morning flash through my mind and I stared at my feet in embarrassed guilt.

                “Well?” he asked impatiently. I shrugged my shoulders weakly, honestly not having an answer for him. I was a little surprised when I felt his strong arms wrap around me.

                “You can’t let people walk all over you like that. You have to learn to fight back. When someone fucks with you, fuck back with them harder. If they hurt you, hurt them back even more.” I sighed as he released me and shook my head.

                “I can’t, Pierce. I’d feel too bad if I did that to anyone, even those fuckers.” Pierce offered me a small smile. “Look, if they punch you, punch them harder. All is fair in love and war, right? In war, if someone shoots at you, you shoot at them even more. In love, if someone breaks your heart, you crush theirs. Learn it and live it, Andre. I’m going to have to teach you how to kick some ass and break some hearts, huh?”

                “Where did love come in? And what are you even doing here?” I asked curiously. But…break hearts…was he insinuating that…no. No, why would he do that?

                “Love came in because I’m with you. And I came here looking for you when you were late. Shailer told me you stay after to help teachers a lot.” I blushed at the first part of the sentence, though. He laughed. “Calm down there, Andre.”

                He held his hand out to me and I rested mine in it. He smiled, a true smile, and we began to walk towards the park together. “You know Andre, I can tell I like you already,” he said honestly. And I knew for a fact that he wasn’t just talking about liking me as a friend.