leave...

Amanda gave me a cupcake as I waited for her boss to let me in. I can't believe I am here again. The last time I was here, I was threatening Ariana Silver. Now I am here to ask her to help me.

"The frost queen wants to see you." Amanda said with a smile. She is a nice girl, I remember her from middle school. She was always Ariana's little lap dog , but now I see her standing up for herself. Which is great because Ariana is simply evil, but in a good way.

"Thanks beautiful." I said and Amanda did a little hair flip and waved me off. I took a deep breath and budge into Ariana's office.

"You know you can always knock before entering." Came Ariana's  ever-calm voice.

"Oh, hi too Ariana. It's really great to finally see you." She gave me a dead serious smile. Please don't ask me what a dead serious smile looks like because it scares me.

"Always the sweetheart." She raised her eyebrows and smiled. "I can't find you another job. So please leave my office."

"Job? Who said anything about a job? I am here because I wanted to see you." I smiled and from her expression it was clear that she didn't believe me.

"Am so not buying that so spill it out, what do you want?"

"OK, I need a job." I said and waited for her to speak. She slowly stood up and looked at me. She wasn't tall but those shoes she was wearing, men I wonder how she walks in them.

"Get out of my office please."

"Come on, we are buddies, remember."

She did a little drama where her mouth went all O and her eyes were widely opened.

"You threatened to sign a restraining order against me. Friends don't do that."

"I'm sorry OK. I didn't mean to. You were just a bit clingy and it kinda pissed me off."

In case you are wondering what we are talking about, Ariana and I dated once. I was younger and foolish. I actually knew nothing about my religion so when the hottest girl in my school asked me to be her date, I was totally into it. Later on I realised it was haram, so I told her I didn't want her anymore. She went all crazy and clingy, calling me every minute and begging me to take her back. Things got out of hand and I found myself threatening her.

Ariana is what I call a spoilt Brit brat. She was born in luxury. She and I did the same course in college and now
she runs her dad's media house.

"I was being clingy?" She whispered and I could see through her eyes, she was hurt. "Just get out of my office, please. And if you ever come back, I swear I will file a complaint against you."

"I said I am sorry. What more do you want? I mean, it's been four years, get over it!"

"Leave Haytham." She said and her usually calm voice had a little tremor. I know her very well and at that point I was sure she wouldn't change her mind.

"OK then, I'll leave and you will never see this Arab freak beg you for anything."

Boom! I knew I had hit her where it would hurt. Rule no. 1 of being good with girls that I learnt when I was a bad boy is how to play with their emotions and what better way to do that than to make her feel guilty.

"That'll be great." I almost dropped dead when she said that. Seriously, I think I did a good job playing hurt but she didn't buy it. I watched her as she sat back on her chair and her blonde hair covered her face, she didn't want me to look at her. I slowly walked out of her office disappointed. Amanda smiled at me but I couldn't smile back.

I guess this means I find other means, ones that doesn't involve help from Ariana Silver.