Chapter One:

Anna's POV:

I leaned against the door jamb and felt pretty trapped.  What had I done coming here?  I should have known that this was coming sooner than later.  I peeked out of the door as far as I could.

"How long are you going to keep me in this room?" I asked impatiently.  I heard rustling from the other side of the room and sighed.  He was ignoring me again.  "Look, I'm not going to leave."

"That's what you said last time," Jack replied coming into view with a platter of food.  "I'm not letting you escape ever again.  Therefore you are not free to leave the house."

"You might as well make your whole house the jail cell because I'm getting bored of this room..." I raised an eyebrow and followed his every movements as he came into the room.  Coming closer he smirked.

"No," he whispered finally.  "I need you where I can find you."

"Why?  Why can't I roam the house?  I'll die in here!" I retorted.

"Let's remember that you can't die Anna, shall we?" Jack replied slyly.  "You won't die in here... not of boredom and not by knife.  You can try, but you won't succeed."

I groaned.  "Come on Jack... we all know that I can die by charm.  Where is it?  And how did you make me feel like I was dying?"

He raised an eyebrow and set down the tray before moving closer to me again.  "Let's just say that I twisted it a bit.  It is no use asking where it is Anna because I will not bring it anywhere near this bedroom.  And be grateful that I gave you a bed and blankets.  I could have trapped you inside the bathroom."

He chuckled as he left the room.

"You are despicable," I spat at him.

"And you are lovely," he said gently back, reaching in the room to pick a piece of my hair up.  "My love..."

He laughed as he let the strand down.  I watched as he walked away, his white trench coat still touching the floor meaning that he hasn't changed a bit since I saw him last.

"Hey Jack," I called just as he hit the last of the hallway.  He stopped in his tracks and turned to peek at me.

"Yes, my lovely Anna?"

"I will find a way to get out," I said smiling.  He laughed it off before turning the rest of the way out of the hallway.  I kept smiling as I opened my clasped hand to look at my ring.  I would get out no matter what.