Chapter 15 - Bailey.

“Hello?” I answered my phone, my voice sounding unused.

“Bailey! Hey!” There were three 'hey's, “You're on loud speaker,” Blaze said, sounding happy, “We were wondering if you'd like to come to the cabin for winter break?”

“Yeah,” It'd mean getting away from the awkwardness that had settled between Tim and I last month, “Sure, sounds fun,” It'd be nice to get away from mom again, and to just get out.

“Ask Tim if he'd like to come,” Liz said, sounding to enthusiastic, Blaze noticed her enthusiasm, “Babe? I'll be there for you,” He said, pretending to sound hurt, and I could imagine him having is hand on his heart, dramatic faces helping his act of being heart broken, “I need a toy boy,” I heard Liz laugh, and then Ben squealed, “Ew! Get a room!” I heard them all laughing, “So, yeah, ask the man if he'd like to tag along if you want,” Blaze said, I could hear the smile in his voice.

“Um...” I hadn't told them anything, well, I had told Liz, but the other two were as clueless as anything, and I wasn't about to explain everything over the phone. Not now, and probably not ever; if I could help it.

“Still not on good terms?” Liz asked, I picked up sympathy in her voice, “Wait, since when weren't you guys on good terms?” Ben asked surprisingly fast, “Yeah,” Blaze agreed. It went silent for a moment, “Guys, if she wanted you to know, she outsold have told you,” Liz answered in her boastful voice, “What makes you so special? Bailey, what makes her so special?” Ben almost wailed, and I had to laugh.

“She's my best friend, for a start,” I pointed out, and if I had been there, Liz and I probably would have high five'd and pulled tongues at the boys.

“Is it safe to assume that you're not going to invite him?” Blaze asked, sounding rather understanding.

“If you guys want me to, I will,” I sighed.

“It's up to you,” I heard Liz say, but I could tell that they all wanted him to come along.

“Hold on,” I said before dropping my phone onto my bed and dragging myself out of my room. I could hear Jess and Tim playing X-Box in Tim's room, and I paused before knocking, remembering all the times Blaze and I had spent cooped up in his room, playing X-Box and wasting our lives away. I knew that I missed him more than the others. I knocked twice, and then stepped back, waiting for someone to open his door.

“Yeah, what's up?” Jess poked his head out the door, and then studied me up and down.

I felt self conscious under his gaze, and took another step back, “Can I speak to Tim?” I asked, looking at what I was wearing. A pair of skinnies and a track top, not too bad, but my hair style wasn't something I was proud of; a huge mess of knots that hadn't been brushed in a couple days.

“Tim!” Jess walked back into the room, leaving the door open and I watched him point to the door. Jess's hair was longer than I had ever seen it, but at it's not-too-long length, it suited him.

“Kill this guy for me,” Tim said, handing Jess the controller as he stood up and walked over to the door. He studied me up and down before talking to me, his brown eyes taking in everything they saw, “Do you plan on brushing your hair?” He asked, and I couldn't tell if he was being sarcastic or serious; so I ignored it.

“Blaze, Ben and Liz want to know if you want to come to the cabin with us for winter break?” I didn't look him in the eyes when I spoke, in fact my eyes didn't leave the floor when I spoke.

“Ah,” I mentally begged him to say no, because at least then I could tell them that I tried, “Yeah, sure,” He was smiling a little when I looked up, “Sounds fun.”