Chapter 11 - Bailey.

James, Jess and I were walking away from the bar with a soda each. It had been a long night of dancing, even though the evening was still young. Jess and James were arguing over who was a better dancer, and they both turned to me, awaiting my say in the conversation.

“Who was better, aye?” I said aloud as we walked to the now abandoned tables, and we took a seat there, watching everyone else dance together, “I don't know, it's a difficult choice.”

“Mind if I enter in this competition?” Tim stood a few steps from my seat, a smile on his face.

“Sure,” I took his hand and he lead me onto the dance floor.

“Kissing her doesn't get you to the finals!” Jess shouted after us, a little too loudly.

Tim and I looked around nervously, but nobody seemed to have heard him. Jess was still laughing when we got to the dance floor, and Tim shook his head with a smile, “He'll never grow up.”

“You sound like you raised him,” I giggled. Tim put his arms around my waist, and I clasped my hands together, behind his neck.

“You never know,” He laughed a little. He was definitely the best dancer.

I walked through to the back, looking for a quiet place to settle. The kitchen staff had long ago left, and the kitchen was basically empty. All the dishes had been washed and put away, leaving the counters empty, and looking oddly alone in the dim light.

I smiled at the thought of the counters being lonely, and took a seat against the back wall. On the right wall I could see a clock, reading 10:30, and on the left side of the kitchen were the empty sinks. The two counters, which I had seated myself between, came up slightly above my waist, if I were standing up straight.

I leant my head against the wall behind me, and closed my eyes. It was quiet, peacefully quiet, that was until I heard a set of footsteps. I opened my eyes and quickly stood up, for a unknown to me. Ben stopped at the door, and smiled when he saw me back against the wall.

“Bailey,” He breathed my name like it was the best thing since sliced bread, “What are you doing here?”

“I came here, just looking for a little peace and quiet,” I was hoping he'd leave, considering that it was no longer silent with him here. I didn't feel comfortable being alone with Ben, something about it made me worry. It wasn't Ben I didn't trust, but rather myself; because I knew that sooner or later, the part of me that was still madly in love with me would push to the surface and take over.

“You came to the right place,” He walked closer to me, and stopped a few steps in front of me.

The world froze, time seemed to stop as our gazes clashed, and we just stood there staring at each other. Ben stepped forward, slowly, and placed a soft kiss on my lips. When he looked at me again, I licked my lips, but I couldn't look up at him, “Ben, I can't...”

“Trust me,” He whispered, his voice was a soft brush against my skin. When he leant in to kiss me again, I couldn't stop myself. His hand was behind my head, and I barely hesitated to wrap my arms around his neck. We stayed like that for a short while, kissing, but then he pushed me back a little, gently, and picked me up around my waist. I sat on the counter, my legs dangling over the edge, and my heart racing. Ben stepped closer, placing his hands back on my waist, and resuming the kiss.

His phone rang, and he pulled away. In one swift movement he pulled it out of his pocket and answered it, “Hello?” He let out a sigh, “Alright, I'm coming,” He ended the call and looked at me, “That was Blaze,” He kissed my forehead, “I have to go.”