Chapter 1 - Bailey.

I stood outside the restuarant waiting for my mother and Jeff, just enjoying the sun, when I saw him. I couldn't see his face, as he stood talking with a group of friend, his back turned in my direction. Through his white, slightly loose shirt I could still see his shoulders. Weird, but they were the shoulders of a well built being.

His friends laughed, and one pointed at me, and all the others looked at me. I shyly looked down and bit my lip, knowing it'd get their attention. When I looked up again, and I saw him walking towards me; my heart skipped a beat and I instantly felt nervous.

He finally stood next to me, and didn't hesitate to lean against the wall I had my back against. Our shoulders almost touching; so close, yet so far apart.

"I couldn't help but notice you," He said, his voice like velvet against my skin.

"Oh, is that so?" I replied, trying to play hard to get, but I was still too nervous to look at him properly.

"Ah, Bailey, I see you met my son, Tim," Jeff said as he and my mother walked around the corner, and Jeff ruffled Tim's hair.

I could feel the blood rushing to my face. No, it couldn't be possible... I tried to attract the attention of my future step brother. Oh goodness, I knew I was blushing.

"Bailey's perfect," I heard my mother say, and I suddenly didn't mind blushing so much, "She's pretty, and she can get good grades if she wants, and she's got so much potential for her in the world."

"Look at her blushing," Jeff patted my hair with a chuckle.

"We better get going," My mum said with a glance at her watch, and she smiled at Tim and I, "Tim will take you to our house, Hun, and you just need to get changed, and bring some clothes for the weekend."

"Sure," I said, and cast a nervous glance at Tim, but he didn't seem to mind.

"See you kids just now," Jeff said as he reached for my mother's hand, and lead her off.

I felt Tim's eyes on me, and I let a small smile cross my face, but neither of us said anything on the walk towards the car. My bangles, the large collection they were, made a noise as I put my hand on the strap of my small, denim bag. I hadn't changed the way I dressed, or my attitude towards people since I had arrived; apart from the fact that I no longer wore long sleeves all the time, it got to hot here.

Tim silently opened the car door for me, and without a word I climbed in... how could I be so stupid, trying to get his attention like that. That's not who I was; was it? I wasn't an attention seeking girl that changed boys as often as she applied her lip gloss... No, I didn't even wear lip gloss.

"That was quite something," Tim said as he started his pickup, his sunglasses casting dark shadows over his eyes, but his perfectly tanned skin still looking as fresh as ever, he knew I was looking at him, his broad face so perfect, "That little show off you did, it was cute."

"Shut up," I said, but I let a little laugh slide in as I said it, "We never speak of it again."

"Maybe you won't," He said, teasing me as though he had known me forever, "But I certainly will."

"Ohmygosh, please no," I laughed, and opened my window slightly as we drove along the road.

"Oh, come on, it'll be our little inside joke," He nudged me playfully, and chuckled when I looked at him, trying to look annoyed; but failing.

"Fine, but nobody ever finds out about it, okay?" I looked at him for a second, but he didn't turn to me; his eyes focused on the road.

"Deal," He smiled, a gorgeous smile, "I still think it was cute, though."