Chapter 4

The next morning Jackson left early for school which left Sydney alone in the unknown apartment. She opened the door to the guest room that she slept in. Dylan walked out the same time with a towel around his waist water droplets fell from his hair down to his torso. "Good morning to you too" Dylan said. Dylan looked at Sydney with a smile on his face. "Didn't you work today" Sydney asked. Dylan laughed and walked to his own room. "You can join me if you'd like I won't bite" Dylan said. Shutting his door Sydney was left alone in the hallway she went into the bathroom. She did her business when she was done she came back out to go back to her room. Checking her phone she had a few messages from her mom. Ignoring them she put her phone on silent. All night last night her mom has been trying to find Sydney. Sydney didn't care about her mom anymore after everything they went through. She did the reasonable thing too do by deleting her mom's number all together having no contact with her ever again. The only person who she has left of sane family is her dad. He left when Sydney was very young to go live a better life. Sydney and her father have a better relationship at least they speak to one another. 

Whenever Sydney brought up her dad around her mom she'd always go insane about how he was the worst thing to happen to her. She'd say that he cheated on him when in fact Sydney's mom was the one to cheat on him by seeing a man by the name of Victor. Victor and her mom have a toxic relationship. Victor was the one to have Sydney and her mom start having sex for money. Sydney didn't want to live that life anymore so she left. Her dad came back into Sydney's mind once again. She saw his contact as she scrolled through her phone. She hesitantly decided whether or not to delete him from her life as well. She couldn't do that to him. She decided to call him to tell him everything about the pregnancy and how he's going to be a grandpa. She held the phone up to her ear as she waited for him to answer. 

Hello? 

Hi dad this is Sydney

Hey how are you 

I've got some news 

What kind of news 

I'm pregnant you're going to be a grandpa

That's great..congratulations I can't wait to meet the little thing 

I love you dad

I love you too Syd, feel free to swing by the house sometime 

I will bye

Sydney hung up the phone as a happy tear ran down her cheek. Her dad was far more happy about the baby than her deadbeat mom. Sydney thought about taking her dad's offer by going to visit him. He'd been remarried to a women who has a far better and brighter future. They have two other kids, every now and then his kids call to talk to Sydney since they consider her like family. Her dad's family invites her to Christmas and thanksgiving. Sydney attends her dad has to drive down to the city to pick up his daughter so his ex wife won't find out. Sydney stays over for a couple days to have a well cooked meal and sleep in a warm bed instead of a cot back at the apartment that she shares with her mom. Sydney remembers all the missed opportunities that got taken from her. She's never been to a prom, dropped out of college, because her mom couldn't afford her financially. Sydney had a bright and perfect future set up for her when her dad was around. But reality spoke and said to live with her mom. Sydney wishes she'd had gone with her dad when she had the chance.