Chapter 3

Sydney

"Thanks" I said. Jackson looked right back at me. "No problem" Jackson said. On the fire place there was a picture of Jackson's family. Next to that was a picture of A women in her late thirties with a teenage son. Jackson turned around to see what I was looking at.

"Oh this is my family and this is my cousin Elizabeth and her son Hunter" Jackson said. Why were they in separate picture frames. "Do they live New York" I asked. "No, they moved to Wyoming a while ago" Jackson said. While Jackson was looking at the picture he looked happy.

"Why'd they move out there if you don't mind me asking" I asked. Jackson set the picture back in his place as he looked at me. "I don't mind, they moved out there when I was really young, Elizabeth is older than me" Jackson said. In the picture they looked happy with their lives.

A moment of silence fell between Jackson and I it was nice. "Is there anything you need" Jackson asked. I shook my head as an awkward silence fell between us. Jackson noticed the silence as he moved a little closer towards me. I looked up at him while he looked back at me. It was set up like he was going to kiss me. 

The moment was soon ruined as Jackson's older brother Dylan came home. "Hey little bro, oh my god who is this hi I'm Dylan the better looking Levi" Dylan said. I giggled at his brothers nonsense Dylan was older than Jackson by two years. "Sydney" I said. Dylan shook my hand as Jackson had an outrage about his older brother meeting me. "Jackson you didn't tell me you were straight" Dylan teased. "And you didn't tell me you were gay should I tell Jessica about this" Jackson shot back. Dylan went into the kitchen "Anyone want anything to drink" Dylan asked. Jackson looked at me then back at the kitchen. "It can be anything" Dylan said. "Cardinal punch mocktail" I said. Dylan went to work with my drink I took a seat on the sofa. Dylan came out from the kitchen with my drink he carefully handed it to me. "So what do you do Dylan" I asked. "I'm a bartender down at Attaboy on 134 Eldridge" Dylan said. "I've heard a lot about that place" I said. Dylan smirked playfully as he watched me take a sip. "Good or bad" Dylan asked. "It's always been good my mom and I always spent our Friday nights there" I said. Literally. 

"So Sydney are you going to school" Dylan asked. "Um no well I was but it's complicated" I said. Dylan took a sip of his drink as he leaned back. "Oh so you're one of those girls who takes a year off I see how it is" Dylan said. I nodded so he would actually think I was ACTUALLY doing that. Jackson looked annoyed as his older brother was stealing me from him to hold conversation. Dylan checked his watch as he took one final sip of his drink before getting up. "Well I'm headed off to bed for the night I have a big night tomorrow, Sydney it was a joy meeting you" Dylan said. "Good night Dylan" I said. Dylan walked into his room as it was just Jackson and I left in the living room.