♔ 22

Tatiana | November 25th, 2013 | 5:14 PM

Just like I expected, Reina has been totally thrown off by this whole fire thing. She was supposed to pick up Gabby a week ago from Damien's parent's house but she hasn't been around yet so Damien and I have taken her. Reina isn't returning any of his calls and he has no idea where she is. As of now, she's dropped off the face of the earth which is good for me because now, I can't start part two of my plan.

I walked into the living room where Damien was chilling on his couch, looking tired as hell.

"You okay papi?" I asked him as I sat on the couch and snuggled up next to him.

"Yeah T. I'm just tired as fuck. Gabby's little ass got so much damn energy, I'm just glad that she finally knocked out. I dunno how Reina does that shit everyday."

I shrugged, "Maybe she doesn't want to anymore."

"Whatchu mean?"

"You haven't heard from Reina in a minute so maybe since she finally realizes that you're really here for Gabby, she'll just let you have her. I mean she's been gone for longer than she said she would be and she probably doesn't even know about the salon. She's down there in Miami fucking around with homeboy and she couldn't give two shits about you, Gabby or anything else." I'm just spitting out straight lies right now. I know Reina is back. She's been back for almost a week now. Keri spotted her sown at her burnt-down salon talking to some fire inspector. I just really don't know why she hasn't been in contact with anyone. But then again, I don't really care. She's helping my situation, not hers.

"That really doesn't sound like some shit she'd do."

"I'm just saying, think about it. She's had to be the mother and father for a long time and maybe she just can't do it right now. Imagine how she'll be when she comes back and sees what happened to her salon. I think for right now, you should have Gabby live here. It's better for Gabby, more stable.

"If I try and do that, Reina is going to flip out. She's not gunna go for that."

"Then do what I told you to so before Damien. Why are you so hesitant about this?  Can't you see it's the right thing to do?"

He looked at me for a moment, processing everything I was preaching then said, "Let's do it then."

***

Reina (3 days later)

I know it's wrong but I've been kind of hiding out. I've had to grow up so fast, being a teen mom that I've had to be this strong adult for so long but when something like this happens, when you and so many other people's livelihoods are gone, you have to retreat. I couldn't even face Gabby because I knew she'd be just as upset as me or even more, she loved that place.

Everyone has been calling me but I have yet to answer, I really don't want their sympathy because that'll only make me cry. I've been cooped up in a hotel because Morgan, Wes and Chy have a key to my house and I know they've been there to see if they could find me.

I stepped out of the bathroom after applying my make-up and looked over my all black ensemble in a full-length mirror. Then I sluggishly gathered all the things I would need for the day and stuffed them in a big tote bag. I wasn't eager at all for today because once again, it was raining and there was just this overlying feeling that something bad was going to happen. Honestly at this point, I didn't know how much worse my situation could get.

I hailed a cab outside the hotel and made my way down to the construction company's office to speak with the project manager, Tony, to see what I should and can do.