♔ 20

Reina | November 12th, 2013 |  12:37 AM

I was awaken in the middle of the night by my doorbell ringing. I cautiously rose up from my couch, trying not to wake up Gabby then I carried her into her room and tucked her inside her little princess bed. We had a late night tonight, the three of us—Rafael, Gabriella and I—were supposed to have a cute night out where we went to dinner, then a movie and do whatever Gabby wanted to do then go home and chill; however, Rafael dipped out on us, saying he was caught up at work and he would meet up with us in an hour. That hour turned into two, which turned into three and after that, I stopped caring. After we returned home, Gabby wanted to stay up and wait for Rafi to get here but after another hour and a half, we ended up falling asleep.

I ran into my room and checked my appearance real quick, then scurried to my front door, revealing a worn-out looking Rafael. I let him in and he kissed me quickly before pulling out a bouquet of daisies and saying, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay baby. I know running your own business is a lot of work. But thanks for the flowers, they're so pretty." I gushed, reaching for the flowers but he quickly snatched his hand back, sucking his teeth. "These are for baby girl, not you." He said, referring to Gabby.

"Oh." I fake-frowned.

"I got you this though." He pulled out a Hershey's candy bar and placed it in my hand.

"Thanks... " Even though it was a sucky gift, I was a little hungry so I attempted to open it but something was stopping me. I flipped it over and there was a thin envelope attached to it. I removed the envelope from the candy and opened it. Inside was a letter that read,

I know I've been busy all the time
But I want you to know, you're always on my mind.
If loving you was a crime,
I'd be locked up, serving hella time.
I guess what I'm trying to say is,
I'm going away next week,
to attend some business meetings in a resort, by a beach.
You wanna come with me? 'Cause imma miss you.
We out to Miami. Me, you and little miss Gabby too.

I looked at him and smiled. "That was so cute Rafi."

"I know, I'm the hood Shakespeare."

"Stop." I chuckled, "but yes, I wanna go with you! It's getting too cold for me in New York."

"Good, I'm happy." He leaned in for a kiss but I quickly backed away and let out a horrendously loud sneeze. "You sick ma?"

I shrugged, "I dunno. I've been feeling kind if weird but haven't really thought anything of it."

"Aww, my babygirl is sick. Let papi take care of you." He scooped my body up and set me down on the couch in the living room. "I'm gon make you soup, iight?"

"No soup is so boring and you know you can't cook anyways."

"Not true, I just didn't have anything in the house still the moment."

"Mhm, okay." I shook my head.

He sucked his teeth, shaking his head, "Iight, I'll just get you something from Mario's for you."

"Thank you baby." I smiled as he pulled out his phone and ordered me two pepperoni calzones, a chicken ceasar salad and a small shrimp parmesan with ziti then some other items for himself. After, he plopped down on the couch next to me and kissed my cheek. "I love you."

"I love you too pookie."

"How was tonight?"

"It was fine, we missed you though."

"I'm sorry for that, forreal. I didn't think I'd get so caught up tonight."

"Rafael, it's fine. This was only one time. You're a good man, if this is your only fault, I could care less."

"I know you might think it's iight but I'm a man of my word and I felt bad tonight. I'm gon make it up to you."

"How?" I grinned, pulling him closer to me.

"Shit, hold on with your horny ass. You know I ain't get down like that when Gabby's here and besides yo' ass is sick..I'll make it up to you when we down in Miami, iight?"

"Okay." I nodded as he sat back up and pulled me on his lap, cradling me with my head in the crook of his neck. I ended up falling asleep really quickly and Rafi carried me into my bedroom and fell out right next to me.

Who would've known this would be the calm before the storm?

***
Sorry for this filler chapter, I've just been so busy w. applying to colleges and all that junk so yeah :/

Howeva, I promise the next chapter will be poppington (lmfaooo) and shit will begin time get krey. So leave your predictions on what you think will happen and any other comments below (; Don't forget to vote too!

xoxo, love you guys