♔ 10

Damien | October 3rd, 2013 | 6:27 PM

I walked into the restaurant and spotted who I was looking for, sitting over at a table looking out of a window. I walked up to where she was and got in the booth, sitting across from her, catching her attention.

"Oh hey." Tatiana grinned.

"Wassup?" I smiled back and gave her a quick peck on the lips.

"Nothing really, I just got off from work and I'm tired as fuck." She ran her hand through her hair.

"Oh forreal? You just came back and you got a job already? Where you work at?"

"The Post Office. Technically I guess I'm a mailwoman. It's not the job I want at all or anything but I needed to grab up what was offered. Living out here in New York is rough as fuck if you don't have any income."

"Yeah I feel you but you know if you ever need anything you can just ask me, I won't bite."

"I know but I'd rather not take advantage of your generosity like I did when I was younger... That was damn stupid considering how much of a good man you were."

"Yeah well I was good to everyone except Reina and now she won't let that shit go. She's talking about how she changed, and she has, you've talked about how you changed, and you have so when I say that I'm not the person I was back then, why the fuck is my statement invalid?" I mean technically I have changed, I'm not that stupid nigga I was back in the day and okay, admittedly there was no emergency meeting and I did want to stop Reina's date but that was only because it ain't fair how she won't give me another chance but she's all up on some new nigga.

Tati shook her head, "She's always been stubborn... Some things you can't changed about a person. She's going to continue to hold on to the past and that's going to ruin her... I mean she already gave you up so she's going down the wrong path already." She reached across the table and placed her small hand on top of mine. "I'm glad she did though because I wouldn't have seen you again and gotten another chance with you."

"Damn, you really have changed haven't you? You used to be that chick talkin' about 'Nigga you serve me," and 'you're lucky you're with me'."

Her toffee-toned skin instantly turned red and she nervously chuckled, "I was a mess back then but yes, I'm really different this time around and I know we're casual or whatever now but I'd really like to try and be with you again, you know, like in a relationship, since we're both better people now. I just think it would be good; even though I've been away for four years, my feelings never changed about you." I could say the same thing to her and it would be sad, four years ago when I let go of Reina, Tati became my jump-off and rebound all in one. The only reason I held onto her for as long as I did was because she held that high popularity status since Reina fell off the charts once she got pregnant and I deemed her a hoe, even though she and I both knew she wasn't. But now that everything is different now and Reina is supposedly with some nigga, trying a new relationship don't sound like a bad idea. I leaned across the table and sucked on her bottom lip before kissing her slowly, "I feel the same way Tatiana. I want this, I want you. It's just gon' be me and you."

She smiled widely and cheered, "Cool, I'm so happy."

"Shit me too."

"So what do we do now?"

"Iunno... wanna go back to my crib and just chill out?"

"Yeah that sounds fine." We exited the restaurant and headed to my house. When we got there, she stepped in and gasped, looking at the vast space. I walked up to her and held her in my arms, sliding my hands down to her round ass. "You like my place?"