Chapter Five

~ Chapter Five ~

~ EVAN ~

Where are they? I've looked everywhere. Wait. I haven't looked in the store yet. I have looked everywhere else, though. So, they're bound to be in there.

I just walk in the store, and Mom and Derek are checking out their stuff. I almost ran right into them. "Me and Kristi have been looking all over for you guys!"

"It's 'Kristi and I', my dear." Jessica corrected me.

"Whatever. Kristi needs to be taken to the E.R.!"

"Whatever for?"

"She stuck a knife in her throat!"

"Oh. My. Gosh! Is she still at our house?"

"Yep!"

"Alright, let's go." Why didn't she ask why? Hmm... Oh well, she probably figured I didn't know. I would've said that anyway.

When we found Kristi, she was still where I left her earlier. "Oh, I hope you'll be alright." Mom said, acting all motherly.

“Now, there's not enough time, drive all three of us to the E.R.! Derek, me, and Kristi!"

Mom didn’t move a single muscle. "GO!" Derek and I said together.

"Sorry."

"Shut the fuck up, and just go!" You can always count on Derek to be rude for you. Thanks.

We got in the car, but Mom forgot Kristi.

"Jessica! How could you forget Kristi?" Derek is getting after Mom for everything today. I don't blame him one bit.

We're finally on our way to the hospital, but Mom was caught speeding. Do you blame her for speeding?

"Why were you speeding, ma'am?" Wait a minute, don't I know that cop? Yes, I’m friends with him! I had no clue he was a cop! It must be 3'o clock, if he's out of school.

"Mark? I didn't know you were a cop." I wanted to say, so I did.

"Yes, I just started professionally. I was in training until today."

"Oh, okay. You know Kristi, right?"

"The one from school?" I nodded my head. "Yes, I do. What's wrong with her?"

"Well, he's the reason my mom was speeding. Kristi passed out during 8th block," I lied.

"What class do you have during 8th block? I have science."

"We have gym, and she was dizzy before gym--she told me--so when we were running for a long time, she passed out halfway."

"Alright. Oh, hi Derek. You guys want a police escort?"

Derek waved.

"Yes please. Thank you--Mark." Mom finally spoke.

"Okay, just follow me." With that, he turned on his siren and started towards the hospital.

... ::: ...

I guess they had a big conversation, because they were talking about something I had no clue about when I tuned in. When I tuned out, and in my own world, Mom was saying thank you.

"Enough! Stop your goddamn conversation, and get Kristi in the hospital!" A voice behind me yelled. I'm guessing that was Derek. The voice sounded pissed off enough to be Derek.

"Yeah, I agree with Derek!" That was, of course, me. "Let's get Kristi, and go into the hospital! This is ridiculous! If I've known it would've taken this long, I would've taken him myself! Now, everybody straighten out, and go in there! I'll grab Evan." Everybody just stood there gaping at me.

"Argh! I'll just do it myself! I can't believe you guys!" I grabbed Kristi, and ran into the E.R. by myself. I looked back, and only Derek is running after me. Mark and Mom just went back to their conversation. What jerks.

I almost ran right into the counter, because I was lost in my thoughts. Derek did run into me when I stopped, however.

"Sorry." Derek said quickly.

" 'S alright." I rang the bell, because there was no one at the counter. Someone ran and slid to stop at the counter. Slick.

"What do you need, sir?" Hey, it's a woman!

"My friend stuck a knife in her throat for some odd reason!" I yelled and blatantly stated at the same time. It sounded weird.

"Well, before we do anything, I need you to fill out this sheet. It lets us know some information regarding you and your friend."

"Okay..." so I took the sheet from her, took a pen, and started to fill out the sheet.

"Okay, crazy lady, I'm done filling out--Huh? Where'd you go?" that crazy lady is gone from the counter. I rang the bell. It seemed to work before; it should work now. Yup! It did.

"Yes?" I held the sheet right in front of her face. "Oh, right. This. Right this way men." I did what she told us to, and she led me and Derek into a strange room. It was split up into two parts: one part had a lot of vampire and emo decorations, the kind that you would find in a teenager's room. It would fit Derek. The other part was total white- everything, too. There was lasers, drills, knives, laptops, bed, it was a horrible sight. Oh, and a pen and paper!

"I would need you and your friend to step out for a moment."

"What are you going to do to her?"

"None of your business." Sound snotty enough, lady? As soon as we stepped out of the room, the snotty lady slammed the door in our faces.

"Well then. She first sounded nice. I guess we should never judge a book by it's cover." Derek said.

"I thought she was a human."

"It's a saying. How 'bout this: it's inside that counts."

"Nope."

"Looks can be deceiving?"

"Nuh-uh."

"What's wrong with you?

"Oh, yeah! That one I've heard!"

"I'll bet. Hey, let's listen through the door to hear what they're doing"

"Okay!" It sounds like they're taking an evaluation of her looks. Crap. I forgot that Kristi’s vamp fangs were still showing. I hope they don't notice them. Yeah right.

"Isn't this girl a little old to be wearing fake vampire teeth? I'll just take those out. Ugh. They're tight on there. I can't get them out. Hm. You give it a try." the nurse said.

"Yes ma'am." a husky voice said. "Ugh! I can't get them out either, ma'am. You don't think...That she's a vampire, do you?"

"Huh. I don't know--" Derek and I burst into the room, and grabbed Kristi, and ran back outside as fast as we could. I ran a little faster, since he's still a human at the moment. Now he just shot ahead of me. I think he just turned into a vampire now.

"Hey, where's our car?" I heard Derek call out. He's running all through the parking lot. "Jessica ditched us!"

"You know, I think you're right about that." I looked back, and the hospital gave up chasing us. They went back in.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The pic on the right is of Marie, Evan's sister.

Vote

Comment

Fan

=D