Chapter Nine

~ Chapter 9 ~

~ KRISTI ~

I finally pull up into the hotel parking lot. It kinda took a long time to everything on Evans LONG list from the store. Oh well. Might as well put the stuff away. Or get some help.

I walked in the hotel room, when I saw that no one was here “GUYS!” Yep, no one’s here. I noticed a note taped to the fridge.

Kristi, once you put the stuff away (please?), meet us in the back yard for a BBQ.

-Evan, Cornelia, Rudy, Matt, Morris, and Geoffery. =)

I groan. You mean I have to put all this stuff away by myself?

Oh well. Might as well start now, and get it over with. I do love my BBQ’s! I put everything in it’s places, and headed out the door.

When I went out the back door of the building, I heard voices yelling, “SURPRISE! Happy birthday, Kristi!”

I looked all around me to see a long paper that reads, “Happy 18th Birthday!” I saw a ton of balloons taped to everything. I also saw a grill, next to a long present table full of presents. I gasped at the sight.

“You like it?” I turned in the direction of Evan’s voice, to see him grinning like a fool, along with all the other people I’ve met today. I feel like doing something silly, but to tick them off at first.

“No, I don’t like it. BONGA!” No one paid attention to that outburst.

“You know, we only did this for you!” Morris yelled in my face.

“And to that I say, I LOVE IT! Not like, LOVE! But that doesn’t even cover it. I’m over joyed! I have never felt this happy in my life! I’ve been close to this happy before, though, like getting Jake back from is ‘vacation’, meeting Evan, kissing Evan. That kind of stuff,” I said, throwing the guilt back in Morris’s face, by telling the truth.

“O--Oh. Sorry,” Morris apologized with his head hanging. I walked over to him, and gave him a big hug. He took this by surprise.

“It’s okay. I was only teasing. I’ve gotten that reaction by saying that before,” I explained.

“So...What do you want first? Cake or Presents?” Matt asked.

“Uh, cake!” I decided.

“Alright! I’ll cut it!” Rudy called out.

“No, Rudy, remember the last time you cut a cake?” Geoffery reminded.

“Huh? What happened?” I asked Geoffery.

“He was cutting Matt’s birthday cake, when he cut himself really bad, and blood was dripping a lot, ruining the cake.”

“Hm. I wouldn’t really mind blood on my cake,” I muttered under my breath.

“You like the taste of blood?” Morris asked from behind me. It made me jump a little. I turned to face him.

“Yeah! It has that sweet tang to it. It’s so hard to describe. Do you?” I answered.

“Well, I guess it’s okay.”

“So who’s idea was it to throw a birthday party?” I blurted out. Everybody pointed to Cornelia.

“Well, Matt planned out the steps,” Cornelia said, while pointing to Matt.

I headed over to Cornelia. “Let me give you a hug for coming up with the idea of a surprise birthday party. Thank you so much!” We both extended our arms for a hug. We hugged each other. “Matt!” I sang, “Your turn!” I walked over to Matt, and gave him a hug from behind. “Thank you, Matt,” I whispered in his ear.