Chapter 8

I edited Chapter 7, so if you skim over it and it doesn't look like your recognize some of it, please read again :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this is out of order but this original chapter was deleted and I had to add it back on!!! 

love, olivia(:

---------------------------------------------------------- 

Austins POV

"...I'm going to take a shower, so I'll be back," she said with her voice cracking. She stumbled off to the bathroom quickly leaving my sight, and I felt so bad for her. I don't know how she keeps it together with everything she's going through. I would've given up by now, and just stayed in my room 24/7 feeling lonely as hell.

I saw a little piece of paper on the floor by her door, so I went to pick it up for her. I don't think she'll want anything else missing. There was a number and a note on the paper, and this is what it said:

Jessica, it was nice to meet you. Please call me heres my number---> 308 561 7749 <--- Blake :)

Well, it looks like she made a friend, I thought. It was probably nothing, so I just brushed it aside, and if she wanted to talk about it, she'd tell me. To tell you the truth though, I'm pretty pissed. Is that what she did on her so called "walk"? Go and meet some other boys to fulfill her happiness?

I sat the paper on her dresser, and walked down the hallway past the bathroom where she was taking a shower. But to me, it didn't sound like any shower was being taken. I listened even closer and heard some sniffling, and splashing, and I heard her talking to herself.

..be so stupid?...why the hell can I not remember?..." I bet she's talking about Blake, I thought. Just then I heard something fall. "Sh!t," she mumbled and I heard something hit the wall. "Calm yourself down. Take a deep breath. In through your nose, out through your mouth..." she was saying to herself. I better take it easy on her, I thought. "Declan?" I heard her say all of a sudden. She's talking to Declan? "It's Jessica, and I need to talk to you...I know...no way...okay how about sometime tonight? I guess I'm free...bye," she said. What was that about? Just then I heard water being slurped down the drain, and I tiptoed speedily to my room because she'd probably freak out if I was standing at the door when she walked out. I grabbed out my phone, and started walking back downstairs texting, and the next thing I knew I was wet and body slammed to the ground.

Jessica's POV

I wrapped the towel around me, and squeegeed out my hair into the bath tub, and opened the drain. I stared at myself in the mirror, and I looked hurt. There were still a few bruises on my body, and the mark of a shoe was still indented in my stomach. I brushed my hair and stared at myself counting imperfection after imperfection. My elbow hit something, and I winced. I realized I'd been brushing my hair more violent each time, and my arm flew right into the cabinet. I smacked the brush down on the sink, and took another deep breath re-calming myself.

I finally unlocked the door to the bathroom and stepped out into the hallway, but I ran right into Austin.

"Shit!" I whisper/screamed. He was caught so off guard he stumbled over himself, and I knocked him down. "Austin, I'm so sorry," I said trying to climb off of him. I could see him smiling, and I started laughing a little myself.

"Oh, you're fine," he said.

"Shut up," I said slapping his shoulder and rolling off of his body. That was the only way I could do it without flashing him completely. He reacted by rolling back on top of me straddling me, and staring down at me, and catching me off guard. I stared into his eyes, and he came closer, and closer to my face, but was taking forever. I couldn't take it anymore, so I grabbed the back of his head and forced it onto my face, and I kissed him, and he kissed me back. I was rubbing my hands up and down his back, and I felt his hand slip down my towel. He was sliding his hand slowly down my body starting at my shoulder, and ended at my ass. My bare ass. He squeezed it, and I felt a zing go through my body from feeling his bare skin on mine. I heard a door open, and shut, and I pushed him over and rolled on top of him. I kissed him once more and jumped up. I heard someone coming up the stairs then, and I was skidding across the carpet running to my room. I just left him lying there on the floor, and I laughed. I heard his mom ask,

"Honey, what on earth are you doing laying on the floor?"

"I just think it's really comfy down here," he said using a terrible excuse.

"Okay then, so would you rather sleep here tonight? Because I can make that happen-"

"No I'm fine!" he said getting up.

"So, tell me the truth please," she said. I poked my head out of the door way since they were far enough away they wouldn't notice me. She was standing there smiling at him, and I could feel the wheels in his head turning trying to think up something believable and fast.

"So, Jessica was taking a shower," he started. OH GOD, I thought. He continued, "and her hair dripped on the floor over here. So when I came out of my room, texting, I didn't realize it and slipped and fell," he said sounding annoyed at his mother, but I could tell he really wasn't.

"Oh, are you okay?" she asked concerned. "Do you need some ice?" she asked. His mom is so gullible, I thought.

"No, I'm fine mom," he said. "Okay honey," she said and walked away. I came back out of my room and looked at him and giggled. I could bet a hundred dollars that my face was bright red right now.

"Nice one," I said sarcastically.

"Thanks," he said then added, "So, I'm going out tonight, and if you want you can either come with, stay here and invite your own friends over, or stay here and keep yourself company," he told me.

"I'm not in the mood for going out, but thanks for the invite," I told him and he kissed me and I walked off to my room. I shut and locked my door and changed into comfy clothes: sweatpants, and a soft t-shirt.

I opened my laptop and saw the points on the map where my parents were, and I started thinking. They both love me more than anything, yet they had to leave. Someone was trying to kill my father, but that someone was killed instead. Something is wrong, and it seems like someone is either blackmailing or after them.

I refreshed the page, and it now said they were both in Las Vegas. Wow, they're moving fast, I thought. I went on a few other sites, and confirmed everything, and left the pages open. I looked at Spencer's profile and printed off his pass, and I turned on my phone and clicked dial.

"Hello?" Sarah said.

"Sarah, I need to talk to you."