Chapter 7

Austin's mom to the right!

I added some more to Chapter 7 so please read, and vote, message, comment please!!

music video: beautiful by Christina Aguilera

READ BOTTOM IMPORTANT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 7

10:11 am

I wanted to mope around all day, but that wouldn't get me anywhere. Since I told Austin that my parents won't be coming back, he asked his parents if it was alright that I stayed with them, and they of course accepted, so now I was to think of Austin's house as home. That'll be really weird and awkward living in the same house as him, I thought.

I packed all of my clothes, and lotions, and shampoo, and of course, Pudgy. I also grabbed my favorite pillow and some pictures to make it seem more like home. We drove in separate cars down there, so I would have my car at "home".

I took the guest room right next to Austin's room, and I unloaded my clothes, and sat out my pictures. I grabbed my phone and sat it on my bedside table, and noticed that I had a voicemail.

"...honey, I love you so, so much. This won't tear us apart..." it was my dad's voice, and I'm glad he felt like that because that means he actually does feel bad for leaving me. The only problem is it sounded distant like he wasn't talking to me at all. I heard something pop, someone grunting, and then some coughing, and realsized: my dad is in a fight. Go dad!

"...I think that's enough Scott," said another man's voice, "now it's time for you to say goodb-" The man was cut off by a gun shot. The voicemail ended and I rewound the message to see if that's what I actually heard.

"...won't tear us apart..."

"...I think that's enough Scott, now it's time for you to say goodb-" POW! Holy sh!t, I have to help my dad!

Where's my mom? Didn't they say they were both going "somewhere"? If he wasn't saying the 'i love you so, so much' to me, who was he saying it to? Was my mom with him? Was he the one who killed someone? TOO MANY QUESTIONS!!! I thought.

Just then I heard someone knock on my door, and I threw my phone down because he/she scared the living daylights out of me.

"Who is it?" I asked.

"It's me," Austin said.

"Oh, okay you can come in," I said taking a breath.

"I was just wondering if you needed help unpacking-" he said walking into the room and realized I was almost done. "Well, that was quick," he said looking around.

"Yeah," I said shrugging still recovering.

"You okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, of course. I'm fine!" I said faking happiness.

"Alright," he said not believing me, "well my mom made breakfast if you want any," he said smiling and walked out of the room.

"I might come down in a while," I said jumping onto my bed.

I opened my laptop and remembered that one website that Spencer showed me where you can track where someone is through their GPS on their phone. I typed in my dad's phone number, and it said he was in California which is 1500 miles from here. Then I typed in my mom's number, and she was in the same spot. From all of these phone calls I've been getting, it seems like they're in trouble. At least they have eachother.