Chapter 4

Chapter 4

3:45 pm

Austin's parents called him and told him he had to come home. He said that he told his parents yesterday he was protesting on Stettinius Avenue-where I live-to keep the wildlife pure, and had to stay the whole night. The sad part is his parents actually believed him.

I was starting to get really bored so I texted Sarah:

Hey Sar, wanna watch a movie? XO

I sat on the couch staring at my phone waiting for her reply, and finally, five minutes later, she said:

Hey doll, FWB sound good? XO

I sat there trying to think of other good movies we could watch, but nothing came to mind. I texted her back:

Ya, lets do it @ 517. Luh U

517 was code for our secret spot, which was a perfect meeting spot halfway between our houses. We didn't want anyone to find out about it, so that's what we named it: 5 for her lucky number, and 17 for mine.

I changed into navy Sophie shorts with gray sweatpants over top, and a tight white long sleeved shirt with my hair in a fishtail.

I walked over with the movie, and climbed up to where she sat with marshmallows.

"Hey doll, got the movie?" she asked.

"You betcha," I said and stuck it into the DVD player.

I love Justin Timberlake and Mila Kunis. Mila Kunis is so funny, and I loved her in That's 70's Show. And Justin Timberlake was in 'N Sync, which was my favorite band when I was little, and is the president of sexy, I think. I've seen this movie hundreds of times, but I can't wait to see it again.

"...you seem like you've got it totally together, but you're actually really emotionally damaged. Also, you have like really big eyes, and that freaks me out sometimes..." says Andy Samberg to Mila Kunis.

"...you're a great guy. A little too emotionally unavailable, if you ask me," said Emma Stone.

"I didn't." said Justin Timberlake.

Sarah and I were already laughing, and saying each line while stuffing marshmallows in our mouths. I looked out our tree-house window, and it was raining outside. I love lazy days like these: being a couch potato, eating whatever you want, and spending it with your best friend watching movies.

"So, where did you go after Jack's party?" she asked when the movie got to a sex scene.

"What do you mean, I wasn't at Jack's party..." I said confused.

"Yeah you were, I saw you barf in a trash can, and I went to look for you to make sure you were okay, but you were gone."

"You mean his party on Friday night? I wasn't there. I remember talking to Austin wishing we were both at his party," I said trying to think back to Friday night. My day was:

1. Wake up

2. Shower

3. Go to school

4. Leave early with Austin

5. Eat at Starbucks (our favorite place)

6. I went home

7. I changed outfits, and left with my brother

8. -

Why can't I remember what came after that?

"Yeah, well it doesn't matter. Next party we'll hang out and I'll make sure you don't leave without me," she said dropping the subject.