Chapter 1

Disclaimer: I don't own Yowamushi Pedal at all except my ocs.

Today is the first day of high school.

Onoda Sakamichi, my cousin, and I are now first year students of Sohoku. Turning off my alarm clock, I stretched my arms out wide greeting the sun's rays, "Today's the day!"

I announced to myself as excitement welled up inside me. "The day Saka-nii will make friends!"

Oh, I haven't introduced myself yet huh?

My name is Onoda Chiaki, cousin and carbon copy of Onoda Sakamichi. I guess that's what Sakamichi's mom and my father both have matching black hair and blue eyes, the same traits that seem to run down our family genes. However in my case, I have longer hair that reaches past my shoulder blades although it's often tied up into a side ponytail. I don't wear glasses like Sakamichi, originally he didn't wear glasses until after he became interested in Anime thus worsening his eyesight.

"Hm...There!" After fixing my bow tie, I gazed at the mirror in my room. The Sohoku uniform seemed rather different compared to what I used to wear in middle school. This green blazer, yellow plaid skirt, and finally a red-white striped ribbon. I've gotta say, this uniform is bright on so many levels.

'Saka-nii really chose an interesting school.' I admitted bearing a smile across my face.

"Chiaki." A soft knock sounded from the door of my room.

'Ah speak of the devil.' Right at the moment of speaking of him, I called out to him. "You can enter, Saka-nii."

Upon heading inside, Sakamichi was dressed in the required male version of our uniform "Mom, made your favorite for breakfast." His blue eyes trailed over to me as a flash of surprise enveloped him trying to take in my drastic change in appearance, "Chiaki. You look different."

"Different?" I raised a brow at my cousin, wondering by what he meant. Turning back to the mirror, I hardly noticed any difference from how I was in middle school. Though in theory, change is a good thing in retrospect.

"It's the first day of school." I responded to him wearing a grin, "Of course I'm going to look different than how I did before."

I walked over to Sakamichi, placing a hand on his shoulder, "Now let's go eat breakfast! You know how I don't like eating cold food!"

"We're going now!" The both of us tell our parents. Sakamichi hopped onto his bike, where as I strap on my elbow and knee guards. My cousin always used a bike to get to school since we were little, where as I used roller blades. In all honesty I'm horrible when it comes to riding a bike. I'd either fall half way down the block or lose immediate balance when I try to pedal. I gave up immediately in trying to ride a bicycle. Compared to roller-blading, I tend to have an easier balance in using roller blades. Plus it's fun riding down the hill with Sakamichi on his bike while I'm on roller-blades.

"Woohoo!" I cheerfully cried as a gush of wind breezed past me, as I roll down the hill, "Riding down the hill is always fun!"

Catching up from behind, Sakamichi decided to start our usual morning conversation. I slowed down my pace to make sure we were side by side so I can hear what he wanted to say."Hey, Chiaki."

"What?" I asked in return as I watched the sidewalk to make sure I don't run over anything.

"Do you want to go to Akiba with me?" Akihabara or Akiba for short, is a common place Sakamichi and I head over to get anime merchandise. Although due to Sakamichi not having many friends during middle school, he often asked me if I wanted to go with him. However due to the fact that Akiba is practically forty-five kilometers away from here, I had to ride the same bike with Sakamichi which in the end lead us to tumbling down to the ground because of the way he rode his bike.