Ch. 35: Valentine's Day Fiasco

Chapter 35: The Valentine's Day Fiasco....

Just end me now.

That's what has been circulating through my head all day today, and it's not even Valentine's Day yet - today unfortunately is the 12th day of February and already girls are batting their eyelashes and guys are loosening their collars in anticipation.

Of course, the girls were excited for chocolates and sweet cards, but the guys were only looking forward to Seamus and Lee's 'annual' party they threw on the night of Valentine's. I, of course, didn't want to go and was set on not going, until Lana demanded I will and even threatened she would get so drunk that if I wasn't there, someone would take advantage of her. At first it said "That's your problem, not mine." And began walking away, but then images of Lana passed out on a couch made me groan and turn back around, changing my mind.

However, the reason I wanted to disappear into the void, never to be found again, wasn't the party. It was Valentine's. Just like when people came flocking to me when the dance was here, they came flocking back for 'love' advice and what they should write on their stupid little cards.

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy sweets just like the next American sugar addict, but I'm literally shit when it comes to love poems.

"Eeelllliiiiizzzzaaaa!" Blake called from the bottom of the staircase leading up to my room. I'd gone up from dinner straight to bed - not wanting to hang out or be harassed, it was difficult - but I'd managed to escape without anyone noticing, everyone except Blake. "I need your help! How should I write George's lovveee letterer?"

"HOW SHOULD I KNOW!?!" I screamed down at her, angry and fed up with this. She was at least the third person to ask me how to write one and every answer I'd given made them shake their heads and giggle in curiosity as to why I sucked so bad at poems.

"What's your problem?!" Blake screamed back, trudging up the stairs to see me personally. Huffing, I fell across my bed and curled up next to my cool pillows in anger and embarrassment. I was embarrassed because the poems weren't really what were making me go crazy - it was Fucking Fred.

Blake slammed open the door and rolled her eyes playfully at my red-faced stare, shrouded in blatant embarrassment. She chuckled and tucked some fly-away curls behind her ear as she sized me up, sea-foam eyes calculating and wired.

"Who even let you in here," I hissed like a serpent from under my mass of pillows and comforter, "you Slytherin."

"Lee Jordan," she confidently battled back. Flopping down on my bed like a ray of sunshine, Blake was either completely oblivious to my radiating annoyance or simply didn't care. I was sure it was the latter.

Fighting a fit of giggles as she watched my grumpy face, Blake sighed. "So, Elizabeth, what exactly is your issue? You do realize it's the time for love, right?" Her eyes lit up teasingly as I squirmed away from her prying eyes, deeper into my nest of a bed. "Maybe you're on your monthly, ey?"

"Not!" I yelled at her and sat up, brushing myself off. "No."

Blake grinned at poked my cheek with a snicker. "So, what is your issue?"

"I'm just tired of people asking me to help them with their Valentine's," I snapped. But, I quickly backtracked, realizing that my attitude was truly starting to give PMS. It was less friendly than Blake deserved. "I'm just crap at poems, Blake. I'm sorry, but I can't help you." I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. I gazed up at the intricately carved Castle ceilings that arched above the Gryffindor dormitories, letting the air completely leave my lungs before lazily glancing towards her direction. "I just... hate Valentine's Day."