V - The Clandestine Triad - Part II

Vadiraj

October 3, in the year of 8845, Reminis Calendar (RC)

While Elli and the Black-Borns were occupying themselves with their quest, Vadiraj had prepared an army to welcome them. It would be a surprised party when both sides met. Satisfied, Vadiraj stroked his goatee and walked to the private bath in his bedroom. 

The female Vampists were preparing the water, sprinkling a bunch of juniper leaves on it. Upon seeing him, they rushed forward to help him remove his cloak. They plastered to his skin, like consorts hoping to be chosen by the king to spend the night with. Their bosoms brushed against his bare skin, and he almost wanted to strangle them. Annoyed, he shooed them away. They cast one last greedy look at his carved sinew from behind the grey partition before giggling away.

Vadiraj tsked, removed his pants, and stepped into the sparkling turquoise water. The hot steam relaxed him. The bubbles brought a faint smile to his lips. He wished Elli was here to share the bath with him. He was about to slip into his fantasy when a knock came from the door.

Dominic stepped in, bringing along a timid girl about fifteen years old, a strawberry-blonde. "My Lord, I've brought you your lunch." The hunchback wizard smirked before leaving. 

Vadiraj looked up halfheartedly from the partition. The girl smiled demurely and pretended to look away. Gesturing her to turn around, Vadiraj put on a bathrobe. The girl walked to the bed and stood next to the bed post, her small palms placed obediently on her lap. 

Vadiraj walked towards her and lifted her chin. Her body shivered nervously, yet her grey eyes glinted with excitement. Water droplets dribbled from Vadiraj's braided hair to his chest as he studied the girl. Not a tinge of defiance. The girl took his stare wrongly. 

Squealing in delight, she grabbed a towel and dabbed at his body.

Every female Vampist wanted to share his bed, this one with no exception. Brushing away her hair, Vadiraj saw a glowing silver serpent slithering around her neck. This girl was fresh meat, but nothing could please him. Even the fact that he'd added a new follower didn't satisfy him. 

Vadiraj studied her attire. Dominic had even made her dressed up to the occasion. Thin maroon satin robes, bound only by a string. One pull of the string, and she would be naked. Vadiraj sighed. He demanded only Elli, his destined bride. His stomach drummed in disagreement. He needed food. At least, this one could satiate his palette. Coursing his fingers down her soft arms, he pushed her to the bed. The girl gave out a soft moan, trying to please him. 

Vadiraj pried open her legs and knelt in between them.

"My-- My Lord, my name is—"

"Shh." Vadiraj placed a finger on her thin lips. "I don't need to know your name." 

He didn't want to know her name. He wouldn't even remember her face by tomorrow. He just wanted to end this quick. Heaving a breath, he plunged his fangs into her neck, the sexiest part of a woman. Her blood didn't taste like Elli's, not a bit. He had to imagine Elli's face to do this. He recalled the first night when he abducted her back to Reminis; they had camped by the Blue Portal. Dominic told him love at first sight never existed. He didn't agree. 

Elli's tear-stained face looked like a goddess to him. He had reached an agreement with himself ever since. He would make her his bride. That night, the stars had leaped out from behind the clouds to witness him surmount the woman he adored. Gently, he pushed Elli into the lake at the feet of the waterfall. She struggled, but once the water singed her wounds, she grimaced in pain. Vadiraj stepped into the lake and steered Elli to the brink; the water reaching their waists. 

When Elli's back was being plastered to the mossy stone, Vadiraj wrapped her legs around his waist and pulled her body close to him. Their lips were only an inch apart. Her voluptuous bosoms looked so alluring in the water.  

He unbuttoned her blouse when Elli pleaded. "Please... Don't... Let me go home."

Vadiraj licked the tears on her cheeks and whispered in her ears. "It's going to be very fast. Once this is over, you will find yourself being someone new." 

He brought his fangs down on Elli's neck before she could protest. He couldn't bear to hear her plea. She was being defiant because she didn't understand. He wanted to share with her the joy of being a Vampist, the joy of being Undead. If she couldn't understand, he'd mutate her first. 

He would slowly change her mind, until she agreed to be his soul mate. Shaking away his mercy, he plunged his fangs into Elli's neck. He could have used his magic staff, but what enjoyment would that give. He longed for direct skin contact. His black nails sank deep into Elli's skin as she wriggled in his grip, trying to free herself. He relished her body movement against his when unknown electricity current coursed around his body, causing him to pull out his fangs. 

"Aaargh!" A sudden shrill of pain jolted Vadiraj out of his reverie.

That scream of agony didn't come from his mouth, or from Elli's. 

Vadiraj looked down and saw the strawberry-blonde girl twitching in great torment. Her face whiter than chalk, her breathing came out slow. Coppery blood stained every inch of her neck and Vadiraj's dark red sheet. But what made Vadiraj totally conscious wasn't the crimson scene. It was the fear in her eyes. She looked at him as if he was a monster she worshiped, but he could see hope was drained out of her windows of soul.

"My Lord... Am-- Am I dead?" Tears flown out of her eyes.

"No." Vadiraj stepped down from her body. "Go."

The girl didn't need to be told twice. Vadiraj sighed. He had created another mutated Vampist, yet he felt disgusted. Walking to the basin, he cleaned his face. He watched the sink sucking in the red water, before looking up at the mirror. 

If you miss her, go look for her.

"Yes, I will," he responded to the feeble voice that was resonating from his mind.