Chapter 22

Chapter 22;

Kate p.o.v

I could tell that Eric was trying to be as quiet as possible when he snuck in that morning. He'd been doing well until I caught him.

"Where have you been?" I asked as I leant against the door frame, waiting to see if he'd tell the truth.

"I went for a walk." He sniffed as he placed his keys on the side, avoiding looking at me.

"Please don't lie to me."

"I'm not. Not really. I did go for a walk-"

"Is that before or after you went to see my mum?" I interrupted him.

"I-" he sighed.

"Oh just save it!" I yelled. "You went to my mum behind my back!" I was suddenly very angry, and I couldn't stop myself from storming away from him and to the door.

I had just pulled it open when I felt a pressure on my wrist. I looked down and saw Eric's hand was wrapped around it.

"Please, don't go. Not like this." I looked to his face and instantly felt guilty. His eyes were watering slightly and he just looked so ... scared.

"Why did you do it?" I asked. He let go of my wrist and took my hand instead.

"I- I'm worried about you. I know how close you are to your parents and I know how upset this has made you." He sighed. "I also know how stubborn you are, and I didn't want you to loose your family over me, of all things. I'm not worth it."

He laughed slightly and I had to admit, he had a point. "I'm sorry, Eric. Really." I smiled as I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You don't have to appologise, I was wrong to go behind your back." He squeezed me slightly before I pulled away, my hands on his face.

"Let's just say we were both wrong, yeah?"

"Ok." he smiled, kissing me.

"And don't you ever say that you're not worth it. You're worth a million times more than anyone else I know."

"I love you." He smiled as he kissed me again.