Day 14: Bonfires

Just a quick note before the actual chapter;

I posted another story, called Synonyms of Fate. I would really appreciate it if you guys read it, and let me know what you think.

The song attached I think perfectly goes with this chapter, and if you've watched Camp Rock 2, it might make a bit more sense. Sorry, I'm old-Disney trash

This is the last chapter, because after this there's the epilogue-type chapter, and I'm not sure if I'm going to post it, but I have a bonus chapter.

Enjoy!

Victoria Weasley xx

August 30th, 2016

"Katie, sweetheart, there's only a few days until school starts again," Henry stated that morning, a cup of coffee in one hand, and his phone on the counter in front of him. Katie sat down next to him after pouring herself a cup and taking the toast out of the toaster. She 'hummed in response to her father's statement.

"How about you have your friends over tonight? I'll help you set up the stuff in the backyard, and your mother and I can bring Lily out for the night." Henry proposed, and Katie was shocked. She knew he's easygoing about anyone she wanted coming over and for the most part sleeping over, but he would always be home then. He trusted her, hell, helping her, set up for basically a sleepover with all her friends with no one else present.

"A-Are you serious?" Katie stuttered, in complete shock.

"Of course. I wouldn't say it if I wasn't. But, you have to promise me that you'll answer the phone if I call, and the house doesn't get wrecked, and nothing, what do you people call it, funny business." Henry tried to be the strict parent when he told the rules to his daughter, but all that happened, was Katie choked on her toast, and almost spit out the coffee she was in the middle of sipping.

"Dad! Who do you think I am?" Katie exclaimed. Henry just laughed at his daughter's misery, and patted her head.

"I dunno. I only raised you. That's it. No big deal." He replied with a shrug, and both of them shared a laugh.

"So if I tell you how many people can come, you'll help me with food and setting up the fire pit?"

"I'll even string up those lights you bought last week."

"Dad, you're the best!"

"Yes, yes, I'm aware of this fact. But, go ahead, say it again."

"Nah. Not that good."

"Hey!"

*-*-*

"Thank you for coming, Al. I appreciate it, and I'm sure dad does too. Mom took Lily to the park so she isn't annoying us." Katie said to Alex as he walked into the house with Gwen and Dusting dragging their feet behind them.