Day 12: Birthday Party (Part One)

When I was in PA, my parents booked this dinner theater thing, and we saw Phantom of the Opera and I loved so so much, like, I'm trying to find  a way to get ten bucks to buy the movie on amazon. And possibly the script, but that's because I'm a weirdo with that type of thing.

I'm sorry for my incessant rambling, hope I'm not annoying you to much...

--I'm hopefully going to finish the other part or two of this tonight (because I didn't realize that I stopped writing this one in the middle of a sentence), but if I don't, then they will definitely be up this week, and I have another random one to put up before an epilogue type chapter, I guess.

--Since this is going to end up so much, and I would rather not write a 5k word chapter, its split into two or three parts. And ignore the times on the texts please, I wrote this at the opposite part of the day that the setting is.

Enjoy :)

--Victoria Weasley xx

August 2nd, 2016

"Alright, keep going, keep going, keep going... STOP!" Katie instructed, making hand gestures to match what she was saying. The clock just turned to eight in the morning, but Katie was always big on getting up early for parties, whether it was her birthday or someone else's.

"Katie, you need to calm down. The party will turn out fine!" Henry told his daughter for the tenth time that morning.

"I'm worried less of the party than I am about the surprises for him." Katie replied, noticing another van pull up into the parking lot of the Firehouse. Henry worked in law enforcement when he was a teenager, and shortly into his adult years, until he broke his collarbone while on a ladder. He stayed on good terms with the fire marshal though, so he was able to get the hall in the firehouse heavily discounted.

"What are the surprises?" Henry asked, genuinely curious.

"Oh, uh, you know. Stuff."

"Katie, c'mon. You know I hate this kind of surprises." Henry whined, and Katie almost laughed, if she wasn't so stressed.

"Sorry dad, can't tell you. Do you see Zach anywhere? Or Ethan for that matter?" Katie strained her neck, trying to look around the parking lot, catching sight of no one she needed.

"Katie, calm down. I'll handle deliveries, alright? I'll message you on that watch you gave me, okay?" Henry said, trying to de-stress his child. "Give all your friends different jobs, and you just oversee everything, alright?" Katie nodded in response, and sent a text to everyone supposed to be coming, telling them to meet her by the front doors of the building.

*-*-*

"So sorry I'm late Katie. Traffic was horrible, and dad was taking his sweet time to get ready, and then last minute, Derek wanted to come, and I am so sorry." Mara rambled, as she ran out of her dad's jeep, uncaring of the fact that Derek hadn't even stopped the car.