Chapter 11

~*Normal PoV*~

"Well... that was some workout first thing in the morning... Hah..." Gouenji tried to catch his breath as he crouched down and held both of his knees, getting a little rest. You looked at his state, he was panting too much after a short run, but knowing this flame striker, he could run miles without needs of catching his own breath. 

"Well that was your fault for tiring yourself! Did you even get enough water after you ate your breakfast?," You questioned as you furrowed your brows and observed Gouenji's panting state once more. 

"..Ah..." Gouenji's eyes widened for a bit and there he stood up straight, realizing that he forgot to drink his glass of water beside his finished plate. "...I did...forget..." Gouenji mumbled in surprise at your own observation.

You sighed in disappointment before opening your bag and brought out your bottle of water then handed it kindly to Gouenji. "Here, you need to hydrate yourself you know? Drinking water in the morning can help your brain and body work better and wake your senses better. You do know that, right? After all your father is a doctor," You huffed and raised your brow, waiting for the flame striker's response. 

"Ah... Y-Yeah... I do know that... I just simply forgot to drink my usual two glasses of water earlier. And how did you know that my father is a doctor?" Gouenji questioned back as he drank your water, directly from your bottle.  

"Well, that's simple, I---" 

"Gouenji! W-Why would you drink directly from her bottle!?" Kidou enraged as he pointed at Gouenji along with the bottle he was holding. 

"Uhmm... What's wrong with Gouenji-kun drinking from my bottle? It's alright because we're friends, right?" You obliviously questioned as you tilted your head to the side, and there Endou joined alongside you. 

"Yeah... What's wrong with that?," Endou tilted his head as well, same direction as yours. Turns out both of you are the oblivious pair. 

"Ngh-! You two don't know?!" Kidou's left eye twitched in frustration, tick marks appearing, becoming evident on his face within seconds passing by. 

"..Yep..." You and Endou answered with a questioned look. 

"...Oh...Ah..(L/n), I-I apologize.. I'll buy a you a water bottle of your own later... I'm sorry for being indecent.." Gouenji averted his eyes away as heat rose up to his cheeks but tried to remain his 'cool' attitude.

"But---" And there the school bell rang, signalling that your classes are starting. 

"Oh my! We need to hurry now or we'll be really late! I'll be going now, see you guys later at practice!" Haruna exclaimed as she ran while waving at the four of 3rd years. 

"Un! Let's go, you guys!" You shouted to them as you began running. "Last one to get there will treat all of us a sandwich!" You challenged as you ran ahead the trio. 

"H-Hey! That's cheating! Oi! Wait for us!!" Endou shouted as he ran as well, leaving the two behind. Both were debating whether to follow or not. Of course, they did. Without missing a tease beforehand.

"Bet you'll be the one treating us, Gouenji." Kidou mocked as he smirked at the flame-striker.

"Oh? I can't hear you over the sparking fire of mine!" Gouenji countered as he smirked as well, thunder glares emitting from the two.

"Ready?" Kidou started.

"Set." Gouenji continued.

"Go!" Both shouted in unison as both soccer players dashed to their classroom...