Chapter 10

~*Normal PoV*~

Finally, weeks had passed and you were finally able to go back to school. During those weeks, you heard some of the soccer players went back to their own places cause of emergencies. Though those who are now left are surprisingly, Fubuki, Tsunami and Fudou. The rest left and went to do their business.

'I wonder what business...' You thought to yourself as you walked side by side with Kidou and Haruna. Right now, you decided to still hide your other eye, cause you thought that your classmates might think of you as a weird and creepy gal, I mean, having hetero-chromatic eyes is a rare thing. And to add more to it, you may be feeling fine now but sometimes your cuts and bruises give you a prickly feeling which annoyed the heck out of  you.

"(L/n)..." Kidou called out, which snapped you out of your trance. Instinctively you looked at Kidou.

"Yes, Kidou-kun?," You smiled kindly, shrugging off the thoughts from earlier.

"..N..Never mind.. You just seemed to be deep in thought.." Kidou replied and looked towards the path you three are walking on.

"Oh.. Well.. Kind of?.." You sheepishly laughed at your own answer, even though it isn't that funny...

"Oh? Then... What were you thinking about?" Kidou questioned, quite interested honestly..

"About your goggles... Why do you keep wearing them?" You looked at Kidou with an eye full of interest, whilst half-telling the truth.

"Ah... Well... To put it simply in my opinion, it allows me narrow my eyesight and it lets me see how the ball would rotate and where it would go way easier than my usual eyesight..." Kidou explained as he pointed at his goggles.

"Really? And where did you get them?" You questioned in a curious manner.

"Ah..." Kidou paused for a second before opening his mouth to speak once more. "I actually got them... From a former... and adoptive father of mine and Haruna's... And... Uhh it doesn't actually give me such great memories..." Kidou trailed off as he looked away, avoiding contact.

"Oh... I'm sorry for asking ...." You looked down apologetically. Now you feel bad for opening a past topic.

"I-It's fine, (L/n)..." Kidou looked back to you as he waved his hand to you dismissively.

"Uhmm... (L/n)-san, why is it that you don't want to show your other eye? I-I mean it looks so pretty and fascinating..." Haruna joined in with a different topic, which was a good thing. You don't want to bring more past-related issues.

"Etoo... That's because our classmates might think of me that I'm creepy or something haha..." You laughed lightly as you scratched your cheek. "Same goes for the teachers...." You trailed off as you remembered a memory but you quickly shook the thought off your mind before you could fully remember  it.

"Is that so?... Even adults?" Kidou asked as he looked at you in a suspecting manner.

"A-Adults? N..Not really...." You almost choked on your own saliva as he asked you this, recalling some negative memories of before. 

Flashback... 

"Oh dear lord! She's hideous!" A middle-aged woman pointed to a little girl. She seemed to have a disgusted look on her face.

"Look Okaasan, her eyes have two colors!" A kid nudged the hand of her mother and pointed to the very same girl. 

"Son! Shh... Let's just walk away..." The mother pulled her own child away from the girl with a cautious manner.