Chapter 18~ Midnight battles in a new Rellik.

~Rockett~

After I had kicked Falkner’s ass and obtained the Zephyr badge in Violet City, Silver and I travelled to Azalea Town. It took us about a day’s travel on foot, and we made it to the center in the late evening.

We stayed three days in Azalea Town; day one was spent resting lounging around the city, checking out Slowpoke Well, and relaxing in our room at the center; and no we did not trash it this time. Day two we spent training.

Day three my team was working hard in the Azalea town gym going through the Primary battles like it was nothing, and later on the Gym battle. Bugsy was an easy opponent to face, he didn’t put up much of a fight and neither did his wimpy bug types. I knocked out his Caterpie and Metapods with ease, and Lampent destroyed his Scyther with his fire type moves.

After I had beaten Bugsy, Silver and I made our way onto the next city. It was a longer travel, and it took us nearly three days to get here. Without the tent, we nearly froze to death. Silver and I had to huddle around Lampent’s flame to keep somewhat warm. It was horrible.

Once we stepped foot into Goldenrod City, Silver and I made a mad dash to the Pokemon Center and book ourselves a room. We had warm showers, and decided to go get something to eat.

After I finished eating, I dashed out of the fast food restaurant forcing Silver to pay. I barely had any money, so why pay? As I was running away laughing like a mad woman, I ran smack into none other than Midnight. It was rather dark out, so I see why she would be out this time. I talked with Midnight for a while, and it turns out that she had just beaten the gym leader Whitney herself.

After a few moments of chitchat, Silver came storming out of the restaurant, and stormed his way back to the center. I excused myself to go chase after him, but Midnight asked me to battle her after I won the Plain badge too.

So that’s what I’m doing. Yesterday evening I had finally beaten Whitney after two times of trying. Her moves wouldn’t affect me, and only some of my moves affected hers. The only reason why she won was because both of our pokemon ran out of P.P’s. That same day, Silver and I went and bought some new TM’s that would affect Whitney’s normal types greatly. I worked with Duskull, and Misdreavus, and I taught them the TM’s that I purchased. By late that night, Misdreavus now knew Thunder, and Duskull learned Ice beam.

After going through Whitney’s Primary Trainers, I ended up beating her a bit easier. These new moves gave me a bit of an edge as her normal types could barely lay a finger on my ghosts.

Now I’m standing at the edge of route with a bored looking Silver while we wait for Midnight to hurry up and get her ass over here. It’s too cold out today for this shit.

 “Where the hell is she?! I thought you said she would be here by now! I’m freezing my ass off out here!” Silver growled. “Well, if you weren’t sitting in the snow, then your ass wouldn’t be as cold!”

Silver mumbled in response. “You’re a piece of work; you know that right?” I chuckled.

The sound of bushes rustling brought me to my senses. I twisted around in circles. “Ro, what’s wrong?” Silver turned his attention to me. “Shh… Do you hear that…?” I whispered in a hushed tone. The rustling was getting louder, and closer. “Wait, you’re all worked up about some bushes blowing in the wind? Come on Rockett, it’s nothing.” He shook his head.

“Silver, I’m telling you it’s not nothing, something, or someone is here.” I sent Silver a quick glare. I started to pace around in search of the noise until it stopped. I twisted my body only to see a dark, looming figure behind Silver.