Chapter 13~ Dark vs. Ghost.

~Rockett~

"Sure! When and where?" I asked Midnight. 

"Hmm, well, I'm not doing anything right now, so if you're not busy we could have it now?" I turned my attention to Silver, "Do you have any plans for our training today?" I asked him. He thought for a moment, "Well, I was going to have you battle random trainers, but she would do."  I smiled, "Hey Midnight, we can, where should we do it?” I asked the girl. 

"Hmm, there’s this huge clearing out behind the cafe, you have to follow a short path to get there, but it's perfect! There’s no one around, and it's nice and dark!" 

"Alright! Sweet! I'll meet you there!" I exclaimed as I hung up the phone app on my pokegear. When I was travelling around Hoenn a few years back, I met up with this little kid. He had a new version of the equipment, and I really wanted it, so I decided to hold a bet with the kid. If I won, I got the gear. If he won, I had to give him 150$, and buy him lunch. I obviously won, and kept the pokegear for myself. Sorry, not sorry. This piece of craps done wonders for the few years I’ve had it.

"So Silver, you ready to go?" I asked the red head. He nodded, and started to walk in the direction of the cafe. "Wait! Silver! I have an Idea!" 

He turned to face me, "And your idea is?" He questioned. "I bet you another lunch I'll beat you there!" I shouted as I took off towards the cafe. It wasn't too far away, probably about a block. 

When realization hit Silver, he took off jogging towards me. He caught up to me in no time. We were racing side by side. I was pushing my limits and was running out of energy, but Silver looked like he could run for ever. 

We turned a corner and the cafe was in plain sight. I pushed myself a little bit harder; I can't owe him another lunch. Silver started to run faster. I cursed to myself, he's either extremely fast, or I'm just really slow. I was panting hard now, and my legs felt like jelly. I closed my eyes and forced my legs go harder. I pushed myself too hard. My legs gave out underneath me, and I went tumbling to the ground with an "Ooouf." I looked up from my spot on the ground to see Silver standing beside the cafe pointing and laughing at me. 

My legs and lungs hurt after running so hard. I was panting, and I didn't feel like standing up so I just dragged my limp body to the cafe. When I got there, Silver was still laughing at me. I groaned. "I. Hate. Running. We're never doing that again." I panted. 

"Rockett, I didn't know you were such a slow runner! I jogged the whole way here!" He snickered. I felt my cheeks warm up a bit and I turned away from him. "Come on Rockett, you want to battle this Midnight chick right?" He questioned. I sat up and watched as he walked towards the forest. 

"Silver... Silver..." I called out to him in a scream-whisper. He looked at me, and sighed. "What is it now, Ro?" 

"Silver... Carry me..." I reached out towards him and gave him pout. "Please, please, please!" I begged. He gave me a dirty look. "Uh.. No thanks. You have legs, use them." he snared rudely. 

"Silver! Please, I, I can't feel my legs!" I whined. He turned and started walking towards the forest. "But, but Silver!" I called out to him. He turned and stared at me for a moment. After throwing his arms up in defeat, he walked over to me. "Fine… Now get on my back." He grouched. 

I squealed a bit, and hopped on his back. "You owe me for this..." He muttered. I just wrapped my arms around his neck and rested my head on his shoulder. "I know." I smiled. 

It took Silver ten minutes to navigate us through the forest path. When we got to the dim lighted clearing, I looked around and spotted Midnight sitting on a fallen log reading a book. "How can she read in this lighting?" Silver whispered to me. "Well, if she's spent as much time living in the dark as I have, anything becomes easy in the dark." I replied.