Chapter 14~ Stealing Tents. Really?

• Dedicated to My little sister, Camryn!

~Rockett~

I grabbed onto Silvers wrist and darted stealthily through the forest. It was easy for me to make my way over the fallen branches, unlike Silver who would stumble and trip over anything he caught his foot on. I'm not going to lie; I can be pretty agile when I'm running around through a forest. It’s like when I’m in the forest, my inner klutz has been taken away from inside of me.

I skidded to a stop at the edge of the forest. "Silver, can you go to the pokemart and get some revives, potions, food and other stuff? I'll deal with the camping gear and what not, okay?" I panted heavily. This is the most running I've done in a long, long time, so I’m running low on energy.  

"Uh, okay?" he questioned me with a raised eye brow. "Go on, shoo! Get the supplies!” I waved him off. He walked off grumbling, and shaking his head. “Meet me at the field in an hour and a half!” I called out to him.

 I followed behind Silver, but turned the opposite direction. I made my way onwards towards the one store I know would have everything I need; Walmart.  I pulled the hood up of my coat, and flipped my hair in front of my eyes. I walked inside the big store, and wondered around with my head down for a while. It took me a few minutes, but I was able to find the camping things. I checked out the tents, remembering the 4 man tent is the one we would probably need. I looked at a few sleeping bags and warm blankets.

With a smug grin, I walked off from the section and towards the checkout machines. I took a chocolate bar to the cashier, and handed it to her. She scanned it, and I gave her the 2$ for the candy bar. I walked out of the department store, and behind the big building right at the forests edge. I picked up one of the red and white balls on my bag’s strap. “Missdreee!” My little ghost pokemon squealed as she emerged from her capsule. I pressed a finger to my lips, and shushed her. “Misdree…” She exclaimed a little bit more quietly.

“Misdreavus, I need your help, okay?” I asked her, and she nodded her head. “I know this is bad, but I need you to teleport into Walmart and get me a few things, okay?” I gave her a questioning look. “Dree?” She questioned me back. “Okay, I need you to teleport in, and get a four man tent, some sleeping bags, and some blankets. Can you do that for me please?”

“Dree, Dree!” She squeaked at me angrily. I knew she wasn’t pleased with my bad actions, but hey, we need some where to sleep tonight. “Please?” I begged. She sighed and with a little flash, she disappeared, and reappeared in seconds with a big box floating underneath her. “Thanks Misdreavus, now you just need to get two sleeping bags, and some blankets. Be stealthy, okay?” I warned the little ghost.

Again she disappeared, and reappeared three more times, carrying sleeping bags, blankets, and to my surprise, a four pack of monster energy. Well, goes to show my pokemon really do know me. “Thanks Misdreavus!” I smiled at her. I tossed up my other pokeballs, revealing my four little ghosts. “Okay guys, can you help me carry this stuff to the field?”

All of my pokemon agreed simultaneously, and worked of levitating some of the things. I shoved the case of monsters into my backpack, and picked up a sleeping bag and two blankets. Haunter was carrying the tent box, with Litwick sitting on top. Misdreavus was floating along with a blanket and a sleeping bag behind her, while Duskull was floating around with the other two blankets over top of his body.

We marched on to the huge open field where our battle once was. We trekked on through the dark forest, in peace. My ghosts were humming haunting little tunes, and floating happily through the darkness they all love to welcome.

After about five more minutes of walking, we got to the dark field. I looked around until I spotted Silver sitting in the middle of the field with his pokemon. His Sneasel, Croconaw, and Murkrow sat in front of him, giggling as he told them what sounded like stories. He didn’t seem to notice me, but Croconaw did as his eyes met mine. I put a finger to my lips and winked at him. He winked back, and turned his attention back to Silver. I quietly placed my bags on the ground, and crept slowly behind Silver. I lowered myself closer to the ground, and crawled towards his unsuspecting figure. When I was inches away, I screeched and grabbed his sides. “AHHHH!” He screamed at the top of his lungs, and he collapsed to the ground.