Chapter 2: And This is How We Met

I decided to update my next chapter a day early. Please be honest on how my story is going and vote if you really like, it would really mean a lot! Thanks.

Chapter Two- And This is How We Met

Being straightforward and honest are two important variables that I've learned to conquer by my eighth grade year. If you're not an honest individual, then you are not true to yourself, period. In this society, the word "honest", is dead. Furthermore, it's being mislead, to confuse individuals that being dishonest is the right-of-way. People have to lie for them to be on top of the world; that's their way for survival.

[Flashback]

On my fifth grade year more or less, my youth began to change.

"Hey Nao. Do you think you can do my homework for me on the weekend?" said Erika DaSilva.

Erika DaSilva, she is considered as the most popular girl in our school. Some people treat her like she's a celebrity due to her high reputation in tennis; she plays against the best players from regional to nationals. Despite all of that, Erika is a below average student in our grade. She lacks in every subject putting up zero effort thus, she approach to singular individuals to do her work in order to pass.

"Not to sound rude, but no. I am busy with my own work."

"You see, I have a tennis regional tournament this weekend and I won't have time to do it while I am away," she continued.

She completely ignored my status quo.

Furthermore, Erika placed her left hand on my right shoulder. I don't know how to react. Perhaps, this what love feels like. Her face is getting close to mine, actually way too close that maybe another inch more, our lips would synch in.

"Please I am begging you, it would seriously mean a lot to me. How about this, if you do my work, then we'll go on a date," she winked.

At that moment, there was my chance, to finally be recognized in school and start a reputation of myself. My heart began beating faster and without hesitation. "Fine, I'll do it.''

During the weekend, I had to do double the work, but in the end, perhaps it would all be worth it. As a result on Monday, I went to class and saw Erika with her group of friends, Alexa, Kayla, Luke and Patrick. Erika was sitting in her desk on her cell-phone while the other four were just standing around her. Out of those four, Alexa has been friends with Erika since elementary school, so they must be close. Kayla is on Erika's tennis club team whereas Luke became friends with Erika because their relatives are close, and Patrick is on the same soccer team as Luke.

I approached to Erika and handed her the work.

"Here."

"Oh, hey thanks...'' she replied back while she was texting on her phone.

I stuttered and asked her about our date.

"Date? What are you talking about, you creep." Erika smirked.

At that moment, time frozed. I was in my own world, ready to smash my head to a wall multiple times. Yet, for some reason, I should've saw that coming.

Everyone around Erika besides Alexa who was just smiling, were laughing at me until tears were coming out of their eyes. I've never been so foolish, humiliated, and used at the same time in my life. That's a sign of bad luck.