Chapter 8: And Thus: Lights, Camera, Action

Chapter Eight: And Thus: Lights, Camera, Action

[Friday]

"So today is the first day for the opening of all the clubs at Fairview High?" I asked myself even though I knew the answer to that.

I wandered around - taking a quick glimpse at other clubs being adapted in the classes with its decorations. For instance, in the gymnasium pool area, there's a huge poster at the door which reads: Welcome to the Scuba Club, while another class with all capitalizations reads: WE ARE THE FAIRVIEW HIGH CHORUS CLUB.

Everyone seems productive. Their faces shows determination for their clubs. I am walking slowly past the large busy crowd trying to head towards The Social Service Club. With so many people running around, I kept bumping myself to other people. A girl bumped into me from the side and gave me a "Don't touch me" look.

"Um - sorry," I said, but she had already left. Not sure why I apologized if she was the one who bumped into me.

I kept on walking and finally escaped the huge crowd and made my way to Room 510. Before I was about to walk in, I notice a small sticky note on the door handle: "Meet up at the auditorium for our first assignment - Rachel." The auditorium is located at the other side of the school meaning, I have to walk back to the large crowd to get to the other side.

"You creep, don't touch my ass again or I'll beat the shit out of you," this girl said in an angry tone - not a loud tone just a soft tone which sounds very threatening appearing that she can actually beat me up. Perhaps. Can't she see though it was unintentional? For so, I have no interests to harass girls, nor create any relationships. Sure, I want to get married, have kids, and become a stay at home dad, but definitely in the future - ideally. Realistically speaking, a loner was and is something I have to be so I won't fall in the same circle as in the past with all my past failures with human relationships. And to this day, this was the best choice I have ever made. You know, I should've had my own club: The Loner Club and I would be the only club member - that would've been ideally perfect. No, down to earth perfect.

As I made it to the auditorium, Rachel was standing at the entrance.

"Nao, about time you got here!" she happily said. Rachel was wearing a white crop blouse with a light pink colored skirt and white shoes. I have to say, she has a great choice in outfits or does she do modeling for a living?

"Huh? Oh sorry, I was caught up in the traffic - where's Alexa?"

"She's inside talking to the club president." She points up at above the double door entrance, "The Drama Club."

"Any glimpse to why we are here?" I asked.

"I think we have to help them out with a play. I'm not exactly sure."