Chapter 11: In Which, Change is Not The Matter

Chapter Eleven: In Which, Change is Not The Matter

"So what have you been up to now that you're actually contributing something in school?" Katsumi jokes.

Later that day, I decided to take my sister out for pizza at one of the best pizza restaurants in the state, "Famous Pizza," which is not far from school. As a matter of fact, if I were rich, I'd buy the place and eat all their pizzas for myself. Most individuals come here to socialize since there's a lounge to chat - the highest percentage would be university students during noon, and then family in the afternoon.

I ignored Katsumi and nodded to the left, waiting for the waiter to show up with our pepperoni pizza.

"Wait - wait, let me guess, you were probably complaining about how much you despise the club and you probably screwed something up already am I right? Points for me," she winks.

"Actually you are partially correct. This club is nothing, but an excuse for my English instructor to not help and put me in her work instead. And it is unlikely for someone to screw something up, the requests are so simple that even elementary schoolers can complete them," I chuckled.

Truthfully, being in the club was my fault since I didn't show up to one of the class meetings. Plus there were other downfall options of clubs to choose - so I thank Ms. Davidson for placing me in the service club. Hold on, why am I sounding like an optimist?

My high school days eventually became a life consisting of the social service club.

However, the service club isn't well known - especially since the room itself was used for self-storage. I, for one, had never heard of the club, nor its location and most likely, Rachel and Alexa has never heard of the club either. This leads to the conclusion that Ms. Davidson decided to initiate the club last minute where those who seek help should meet in the club room - a room where most of the time is empty with no customers while the club is still open.

From time to time, a classmate walks in asking for help in whatever they need. To some, students believe that we are here to grant them any wish they desire and eventually, for that wish to come true. But that is not the case, the social service club are here to aid them while the students will put their own time and effort to get themselves where they need to be. Most of the time, the room is as empty as my house. I end up reading my books if that's the case and then head out once the club period is over. Alexa, nor I don't mind the silence of the room. But between Alexa and myself, Rachel is the bridge of the club where she initiates the conversation for both sides.

Katsumi smiles, "Well the club seems like fun, especially the part where you mentioned how there are two other girls there as well. What are their names? Are they attractive? Is this the last time I'm gonna hang out with you?"

"Don't get your hopes up. I don't have any interest in them. And plus, I am looking out for you now that you're in the age where boys will be chasing you and I will have no choice, but to scare them away."

The pizza finally came. "Enjoy," said the waiter.

"Thanks," Kat and I said it at the same time.

Kat continues, "Well your presence does make people feel miserable, that makes sense."

"Shouldn't you be hiding in fear?" I let out a small chuckle.

"That's only because you are my brother and I know how you really are. Most people won't get you, nor understand you, but we've been together for fourteen years - I'd say people are missing out on getting to know you, well the real goofy you."