Chapter 1: The New Student

Chapter One: The New Student

Youth. To some people, it is all about living their life to the fullest; achieving whatever they want to fulfill their happiness and desire. But on the contrary, youth is... deceiving. People deceive themselves for who they are and from those around them in order to be accepted to society without showing any signs of regrets. In their thoughts, backstabbing, lies, recklessness, and drama, is merely as the wild youth! Youth is a foul sin. I've came upon this conclusion years ago from my personal experience, interacting with people. I've been rejected my whole life and thus, finally came to a closure: I am destined to be a loner and plan to keep it that way rather than having so called "fake-friends.'' Those who want to follow their footsteps, are scums, or just as bad. The society we live in is nothing but a - joke.

''Nao, Nao!''

Suddenly I am back to reality.

"Why do you always zone out while I am in the middle of teaching?" said Ms. Davidson.

Ms. Davidson is my class English teacher. This is her third year here at this public school. Yet, most of the guys don't look at her as a teacher due to her young and physical appearance and also, she's single.

The atmosphere in the classroom that I'm sensing has gotten quiet - as if some peers are expecting for me to face some sort of sentence at a trial when the judge and jury has made a final decision. This is putting me up on spot, how preposterous.

I had to speak up. "I-um. . . sorry."

The whole class laughs and one girl call me a "loser."

To be honest, I don't care what people call me; I'm already used to the names such as, loser, faggot, loner, emo, and so on in the past. I still question myself about being called ''emo.'' I was never emo nor I "look" like someone who is emo, but I suppose not having friends is now considered emo. In that case, at least I'm somewhat recognized in class.

Not to sound imperious or anything, but my knowledge about society is higher than everyone in this school. They have no clue what the real world is like. It's actually intimidating if you think about it all the time. What will you accomplish with drugs, parties, and popularity in the real world? Nothing. On the other hand, education, family, and balance will open doors for you to become successful. Notice how I didn't mention friends? Friends will get in your way. They come and vanish from our lives on the face of the earth, forever. Friends will hurt you and betray you until you'll realize, they're not really your friends after all.

Twenty-Five minutes had passed in this class, and nothing interesting has yet to happen. I know what our professor will be covering in our curriculum and am fully prepared on doing well on the fall semester exams. We're recently reading a book called "Animal Farm" and as we read, we're suppose to take notes on how each chapter can be related to the human society, or about worldview. This is nothing new to me. I already know what the world is like so I just want to lea-

All of a sudden, someone knocks on the door. Ms. Davidson puts a sticky note on the page she was reviewing to our class and quickly opened the door. It was the vice principal but it seems someone else is with her.

The class was getting loud as if the teacher was going to leave and not come back for the rest of the period even though she is precisely standing outside the door; so it was impossible to hear what Ms. Davidson and the vice principal were saying. I was trying to read the vice principal's lip movements but couldn't really get much out of it except I read ''student." The conversation lasted less than a minute. I wonder.

"Okay class; please settle down,'' shouted Ms. Davidson.

Once again she interrupted my train of thought.

All of a sudden, a girl stepped in and walked to the center of the classroom, facing in front of us. She has light brown skin, brown hair with her forehead covered up from her bangs, light brown eyes, skinny and just a hunch, around sixty-five inches tall. Actually take that back what I said about her being "skinny". She looks like an athletic type judging from her figure.

"She is a new student and will be joining in our class from now on, welcome!" Ms. Davidson smiles.

"Please introduce yourself."

The classroom became silent - admiring her beauty. Even I was awakened from her flawless look, waiting to hear the sound of her voice - creepy. The girl seems shy since the professor is putting her on the spot, but at the same time there's also this strange feeling about her.

All of the sudden, the girls' eyes closed. She took a deep breath and smiled. Her eyes slowly opened, and with confidence she spoke up. "Hi, my name's Rachel Moore...''

Next Chapter: And This is How We Met