MIL - 1

vote ! comment ! fan !

presenting...the story on Hailey. :) anyways you don't have to read rbms to understand this story, but you could. ^-^ anyways yeah this is the so called sequel ! ;P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miracles In Love - Chapter 1

I laid under the stars on the back field of our house, wishing my mate would come back to me...again. What have I ever done in life to make me deserve this? I've been nice sister to Jared and Brandon. I've been a great daughter to my parents...well at least I think I have been. So what made god decide to ship my only love away...

"Hailey sweetie, it's dinner time!" my mother screeched from the kitchen. She was pregnant...again. Guess my parents thought 3 kids just wasn't enough. No. Scratch that, it was my dad who had that thought so. Soon I won't be daddy's baby girl anymore, baby Charlotte would take my place, but I'm sure she'll be a great little sister.

I pushed myself up and slowly walked into the house. There already sat my two annoying big brothers smirking while cuddling their own mate. They weren't identical. In fact all three of us have different looks. Jared and I have dad's blond hair, whereas Brandon has mom's hazel brown coloured hair.

"Hey dad," I greeted as I pulled a chair out for me to sit.

"Hey Hays, how was your day?" he asked pulling mom to his side to kiss her cheek when she was putting the plate of food down.

"Same as usual," I replied tapping my fingers on the dinner table.

"Mom, make Hailey quit tapping her fingers!" Jared complained.

I glared at him in annoyance. He's a great brother, I love him and all, but sometimes he could just be such a child.

"Mekenna if I were you, I might reconsider having kids with him," I chirped at my brother's girlfriend.

She burst into laughter, while Jared made a move to push me away.

"You suck."

"Love you too!"

 I grinned and picked up my spoon dipping it into the bowl of soup mom made.

"Mmm, Mrs. Lane, this soup is amazing!" Lauren complimented drinking in her soup while holding Brandon's hand with the other. My brother was struggling to drink his soup with his non-dominant hand dropping his spoon every few seconds.

I giggled at his attempts of shoving his spoon in his mouth.

"Lauren I think you might need to feed Brandon," I smirked pointing at my brothers chin where there was soup dripping down from.

"You know Hays I just wish I could tease the sh*t out of you for things...but boohoohoo, you don't have your mate. He just walked away from you and now he'll never come back," Brandon said.

My heart cracked at the sound of mate, while my wolf whimpered. A tear rolled down my cheeks, stating the start of a major outburst.

"Brandon! You idiot! I need a word with you!" Dad scolded at my brother, who now held a guilty face.

My face scrunched up and I pushed away from the table and left, I hated to be reminded of the day Blake left me. I don't even know why he left. I didn't know weather it was family issues, or the fact maybe he loved someone else...but I haven't seen or heard of him once after he left 3 years ago. I was just 16 dammit!

"Fu*k," Brandon cursed, "Hays I'm sorry. The words just spilled! I didn't mean to--"

"Brandon. I want to speak to you," dad said once again to my brother pointing over at the living room.

The tears continued streaming down my face. Lauren rushed to my side then pulled me into a hug, "Hailey, it's okay ignore Bran. Sssh."

I shook my headed sniffing. "Dad! It's fine! I have to face the truth. Bran's right. Blake's not coming back, it's just the stupid part of me that thinks he'll be back."

My mom looked at me tears starting to build up in her eyes too. "Hailey, come here."

Everyone else left the room to leave me and my mother alone for a mother-daughter talk.

"Mama," I whispered as I rushed into my mother's arms.

I started hiccuping while trying to stop the tears. The truth hurts.

"Oh baby girl. I wish everything was more fair...but sweetheart I'm sure you'll find someone else that would fit you just right. One that wold be able to take all the pain away. Momma knows it all, especially since I've once been through the same thing."

I stared at my mother in shock while hiccuping. "But- *hic* -mom- *hic* -I- *hic...hic* -thought you and dad- *hic* were mates."

"Then how?" I asked before I suddenly burped.

She closed her eyes and sighed, "Austin rejected me back then. Trust me sweetie, my heart crushed just like yours...just at the end it got sewn back together by the man who broke it. I just wish it could be the same for you, with the exception of the fact none of us think Blake deserves you."

I sniffed and wiped my tears, "So how'd you end up forgiving dad?"

She thought for a moment then chuckled at her memory, "There was a bit of game."

I nodded, not wanting her to go into details.

"Sweetie as I said, I'm sure there will be someone else in the world who would be perfect for you. If that's the case, I'll even try to convince your dad to let you free to travel and explore if that's what you want."

I sat back in the chair and took a deep breath, "I think I'd like that. If you don't mind I think I might even prefer London, since Evangeline lives there. You remember Eva don't you?"

She smiled and nodded, "I'll be sure to talk to your dad. Now shoo off to your room, go clean up and rest...unless you want food."

I shook my head then ran up the stairs, almost colliding with my brothers.

"Hays--" Brandon started, but I didn't let him finish, I just clung onto him and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Thanks Bran," I whispered.

"What for?" he asked surprised.

"Your words made me realize I have to face the world some-time."