His Butler with an Exorcist for a Mistress (ch 12)

Chapter Twelve

"You found that inside the manor, but never said anything about it?" I screamed.

Sebastian gave me a closed eyed smile. "The mistress never asked about the evidence that I discovered."

I growled at myself and ran my fingers through my hair roughly as I stared at the photograph Sebastian had laid out on the table. The emblem in the center was painted in red and I had a sinking feeling it was dried blood- though I didn't dare ask Sebastian if this suspicion was true. Ciel hovered over my shoulder so that he could see it as well, his face pinched into a scowl as his scarlet eyes jumped from the image to Sebastian and back again. He was pissed, but I didn't blame him. Sebastian was a bastard.

"Well you three are up early," Lydia chuckled, upon entering her small kitchen and seeing us seated around the table.

"Still this could be crucial evidence and you just so happened to not inform us of this because I forgot to ask!" I snapped, ignoring my aunt in favor of glaring daggers at Sebastian.

The raven haired demon pressed a curled finger to his chin thoughtfully before he nodded. "The mistress appeared to be occupied with other things, so I thought it would be best to disclose this information at a later time."

Ciel snorted. "I don't know why I would have expected more from you, Sebastian. You used to do the same things back when I was the Queen's watchdog."

Sebastian smiled at this and I grimaced. Must be a demon thing.

"What exactly are you three arguing over?" Lydia asked, snatching the picture from off the table to look at it. All three of us watched as she examined it. Her face scrunched up in confusion before she placed it back on the table. "What are you three doing with a picture of the Alden family's crest?"

I paled, "The...Alden family?"

She nodded, brushing back a stray curl before she pointed to the photo. "That there is their crest, I would recognize it anywhere. They used to be close friends with your father's family... but their last heir always did seem off to me."

"Off how?" Ciel asked.

Lydia shrugged, "I couldn't really tell you... Kenley always had this insane glint in his eyes, I never really trusted that boy from the moment I laid eyes on him. He seemed capable of doing great harm."

I scowled and turned the picture so that I could see the crest easily. My fingers slowly traced over the unfamiliar pattern. The Alden family... They were...

"The Alden's were a famous family that came from a long and powerful line of exorcists," I stated softly. "They were always ranked under the Knight family though, but the two still remained close... That was until their last heir failed to be capable of wielding exorcist weaponry and was cut from duty."

Lydia frowned softly, "So that's why he was always brooding. I'm going to take a wild guess and say that he was jealous of your father's position."

I shrugged, "I wouldn't know."

"Where is this man now?" Ciel broke in.

Lydia glanced over at him and gave him a small smile. "That's the reason I was surprised you had the crest. The Alden family line was wiped out when Kenley was shot down in a street fight."

I scowled, "Then how did this get in the manor?"

"May I purpose my theory?" Sebastian asked.

I slid him a look and nodded slowly.