Falling

At first, it was just like any other night for Karai. Then it wasn't. Once again, the Foot Clan and the Hamato clan were at each others throats while Karai occupied herself with her favorite turtle. You know which one.
She ran swiftly and bounced from one roof to another with the turtle in the blue mask right on her tail. "Karai!" he called out her name. Karai chuckled in amusement at this. He was a very determined being, she thought. And truth be told, that was one of the qualities of Hamato Leonardo she liked most. Karai could not bring herself to confess to it, but she did like Leonardo quite a bit. He was very interesting to her.
Soon, Karai bounced on top of a small water tower on top of one of the buildings and looked down at Leonardo. He came to a screeching halt and panted heavily from all of the running. Karai laughed. She hopped down from the water tower so she could be only a foot away from Leonardo. "Tired already?" she teased. Leo looked up at her. She smirked, though inside her head, her conscious was scolding, Ugh. Why does he have to look at me that way with those precious blue eyes? "Not at all. Just...a little spent on energy...at the moment." he lied. Karai unsheathed her tanto sword and wielded it at him. "Well in that case, if you have enough energy, we could finish this battle. One on one." she declared. Leo narrowed his eyes at her. A smirk appeared on his face as he quickly unsheathed one of his katanas to take a fighting stance. He definitely had the energy for this...
The piercing clash of their swords filled their ears as soon they came into contact. Clangs and whooshing of the swords continued to be made for the next few minutes as the duo of ninja "rivals" fought vigorously...but also playfully. Now Leonardo was hardly the kind to fool around and be playful, especially in combat. That was more Michelangelo's territory. However, when it came to Karai, he was willing to make a few exceptions. After all, how many girls in New York City were highly well trained martial artists like him? Plus, he kind of had a thing for the kunoichi. She was exciting and strange, but also some kind of a puzzle.
A beautiful, fascinating puzzle.
Leonardo attempted to take another swing with his katana, but Karai moved, causing his blade to miss her hip by an inch. However, the blade ended up slicing open a small, white pouch of blinding powder she had. The air was quickly filled with the chalky residue. Leonardo and Karai coughed violently and their eyes were closed tightly, blinded from the powder. Karai dropped her tanto and stumbled close to the edge of the building. Leonardo finally opened his eyes and realized that she was dangerously close to the edge. "Karai! Look out!" he shouted.

Unfortunately, it was too late: just as Karai was finally opening her eyes, she gasped as her foot slipped and she found herself falling off the building with blood-curdling shriek. Her mind raced in sync with her pulse and she tried to think of something. She couldn't grab onto something due to her falling facing the sky.
She kept falling...and falling...
It looked like the end. Karai squeezed her eyes shut and braced herself for the impact that would lead to her premature passing. And then....
...nothing....
Instead of slamming into cement, Karai felt something softer wrap itself around her and press her against something hard with strange lined grooves in it. Even more confusing, she didn't feel like she was falling anymore. It felt more like......flying? She brought herself to finally take a peek and to her amazement, she found her face almost buried into a green-scaled neck and carapace.
Leonardo landed on the roof of another building and dropped the loose wire he swung on. Karai looked over his shoulder at the city in surprise. "Whew. That was really close." Leonardo breathed in relief. It was almost a miracle he found that loose wire from an electric pole. If he didn't....well.....you get the idea. Karai looked down at her chest to hide her blush. In her defense, who wouldn't feel at least a little embarrassed about being held bridal style by someone you were recently fighting but then saved you from near death?
"Karai, are you oka--" Leo stopped. Because now, Karai looked up and their faces were only centimeters away from each other. His eyes widened and his cheeks turned rosy pink while Karai only stared at Leo in surprise. She couldn't help but bury her gaze in those wonderful ocean blue orbs. They looked spectacular in the moon-light, in all honesty. While others considered humanoid turtles unappealing in the area concerning attraction, Karai always found Leonardo not bad to look at. In fact, she might have considered him....cute: his big, bright blue eyes, smile, and the form of his head as well as his build....
As for Leonardo, he found it impossible to look away from Karai as she did with him. He couldn't pass the opportunity to actually take in how beautiful she was. Sharp, almond-shaped eyes with honey-colored irises that bore into him and were defined by the kohl, black eyeshadow, and red paint around her eyes; ivory-smooth skin and an angular face possessing delicate features; full, blood red lips that could easily form into a charming smile; and ebony hair with blonde dye in the back cut into a unique and edgy style with nice bangs.
Leonardo gulped. Karai looked down shyly again. He finally put her down onto her feet and the two stood there with awkward silence hanging in the air. "Uhm....Leonardo...I-I, uh..." Karai tried to speak, but found it hard to let out any words. She sighed. "Look...I'm not exactly familiar with giving a 'thank-you', but...." she said, "....thank you."
Leonardo nodded. It was hard for him to fight back the smile that was tugging at the corners of his mouth. Suddenly, they heard familiar voices calling out Leo's name.
"That's my brothers. They must be looking for me." Leonardo said. He looked at Karai. She smiled. No, seriously...she smiled! Leo's heart skipped a beat. "Go." she told him with the smile still painted on her lips. Leonardo hopped from the building off to the voices of Raphael, Donatello, and Michelangelo.
Karai turned, but took one last look behind her in the direction Leonardo went before she too jumped off to a separate building.