Night

Karai didn't like to be soft. She didn't like to be vulnerable. She didn't like to be touched, nor held. She was a strong girl, a fighter and a ninja. Karai was a human weapon. She didn't need such affection. She didn't want it.
.......But why is it that when he does it it feels so right?

Leonardo prayed that nobody, especially his brothers, would find in him in this compromising position late at night. They would have a field day with this. It would be too embarrassing for him. He was the leader and his brothers didn't take him seriously enough as it is.
But, God, it felt unbelievably heavenly to have her smaller, but strong build entwined in his arms.

She liked how his big, strong arms were wrapped around her so perfectly. She liked how the grooves in his plastron massaged her back as he breathed with his chest rising up and down smoothly. She liked how warm he was despite being a reptile and how smooth his scales felt against her skin. It felt odd, but good.

He liked how she felt so fragile yet remained strong in his embrace. He liked how her tender, ivory skin felt pressed against his own skin. He liked how her petite form was pressed against his plastron. He liked how it felt to have his jaw and snout was practically buried in her blonde-ebony black hair. It felt good, but kinda odd.

Their legs were tangled up together in the sheets of the bed from them being so close to each other. Both felt quite cozy wrapped up with each other in their affectionate position.
They knew that someone could walk in and catch them like this, which would be mortifying for them both. Despite that, they were still at bliss with their cuddling.
Cuddling.
That was a word that would've made both of them squirm in their seats before but now, they understood what the big deal about it was for other people: it felt great. Karai didn't want to say it but having Leonardo's larger arms around her and his plastron and skin pressed against her made her feel safe, calm, and rather giddy on the inside from how affectionate he was with her. As for Leonardo himself, he was happy whenever Karai would allow her walls to crumble down for him and allow him in to show her affection. What would make it better most of the time was when she would do the same thing to him.

Karai could feel the drowsiness sink into her and she knew she was drifting off to sleep in no time. She shifted herself a bit and muttered, "Good night, Leo."
She felt him smirk against her hair as he mumbled back, "Good night, Karai."