Just

Space was much crazier than Leonardo expected. It was hardly anything he had seen in the comics he and his brothers read or the shows they watched. Nope...space was a total nuthouse.
Still, it had its perks. The ship was pretty cool (it reminded him of the one from Space Heroes) and some parts of the galaxy weren't as chaotic and dangerous as the others. Sometimes, he would gaze out the large window of the ship and watch the countless sparkling stars in wonder including the occasional passing planet. But one of his absolute favorite parts of the ship was the holo-room. He and his brothers liked going into the room to relax or have some fun. It was always either getting kicks out of kicking their worst enemies' asses in any way they wanted (Mikey's favorite was blowing up Rahzar with cartoon-esque dynamite) or simply hanging out in one of their favorite spots they remembered such as the tops of New York City skyscrapers, parks, and their own lair.
But Leo did have his alone time in the holo-room every now and then when he had the chance. He would be sitting with Splinter and meditating with him like old times, strolling through Central Park, being in the dojo of the lair, and perched on a gargoyle statue as he gazed out upon the city's wonderful lights and the sky itself. But he could never, ever bring himself to tell about one certain activity he would imagine in the holo-room when he was alone. It was the imagination he was envisioning at that very moment:
He lied strewn out on the grassy field a mile away from the farm-house, his breath steady and calm, and his eyes directed at the full, ominous moon looming over him. Something touched his hand. Something warm, dainty, and oh-so familiar. He shifted his head to turn and find himself staring into a pair of hauntingly beautiful honey eyes outlined with black and red markings to define their exotic look even more. Leo smiled. A Mona Lisa-like smile graced Holo Karai's crimson red lips in return. The two continued to gaze up at the magnificent night sky together with their hands entwined together. Suddenly, feelings of sadness came over Leonardo. Holo Karai noticed this easily. "Leo...what is wrong?" she asked him, sitting up to face him better. The hologram copy of her sounded exactly like her, minus the slight robotic tune to it. "It's...it's nothing." Leo lied. Karai noticed that as well. "You are a horrible liar, Leo." she jested. Leo sighed and finally gave in.

"Well, it's just...." he began, "...I'm a little worried. What if we fail and the Triceratons win? Earth will be destroyed and everyone will be gone. Splinter, all of our friends, every single person on Earth...including you."
Karai's expression softened. He sat up and said, "Karai...you know, uh...." She cocked her head at him with a look that said 'Well? Go on!' right at him. Leonardo gulped. "Karai, I never got to say good-bye to you. I never said anything to you before...you know. And--and---I just really want to tell you that I miss you." he explained. He looked away from her. Karai got a hold of his head and forced him to look at her with her hands on the sides of his face. "First of all, I can't believe you would say something like that. 'Failing to stop the Triceratons'? What the Hell happened to that badass, optimistic leader I know? You WILL win this and save Earth. You WILL see your friends and father again. And you WILL see me again. I am sure you will, Leonardo. I believe in you. I mean, you believed in me when it seemed completely hopeless! But you know what? You never gave up on me. So what makes you feel so hopeless against a bunch of brawn-headed dino-douches?" she lectured the turtle. Leonardo felt so overwhelmed. He wrapped his arms around Holo Karai and embraced her with much passion. Karai rubbed her hand over his shell soothingly as if he was a child in pain that she was trying to calm. Leo softly said, "...I love you."
She smiled. "I know you do." she replied.
The two stayed embraced for a while. At that moment, Leonardo could have sworn he was in Heaven. When Raphael found Mona Lisa, he felt kind of envious towards his feisty brother.  Seeing them interact together and share their 'kissy nose' moments reminded Leonardo of Karai and how badly he wanted the same thing with her. But at that moment, he was finally receiving his wish, even if it was for only a moment. Even though it was only a hologram and not the real-deal, it was still pleasant to at least get to have his arms filled with her slender, graceful figure, her alluring aroma wafting at his nostrils, and her warm body pressed against his. He knew that soon he would once again have her again in the flesh. It was going to be an absolutely wonderful feeling for him. Until then, he would have to make do with the holographic version of the kunoichi he held so dearly to his heart.

It wasn't the same, but...it was just enough until then. And it was all he could ask for.