Chapter 24

Hope your all enjoying your vacation if your not on vacation your not alone I still have to work boohoo for me right?

Wrong! Working at a bakery rocks!! Except when your boss lectures you about eating the frosting ;-)

Yup I do that but he's a cool boss. Whoa I'm rambling ENJOY!!

VOTE!!

COMMENT!!

************************

Chapter 24

Lily's POV

Walking into my room I tossed my bag to the corner of my room. It was a long day and I am tired. I took a step forward than stopped.

At the end of my bed was a woman with her knees against her chest her thin pale arms wrapped around her legs. Her dark brown hair hung over her like a cloak keeping her hidden.

I took a step back. How did she get in and who is she? The floor squeaked under my weight and the woman's head snapped up.

A shocked gasp left my lips as the woman looked me over with bloodshot eyes that surrounded dark brown iris.The woman cocked her head to the side examining me.

This can't be real, I thought. The woman stood up her slender arms shaking slightly. I held my breath as she brought a boney finger up to my cheek.

Her cold finger trailed down to my jaw as her eyes softened. Her bottom lip trembled.

"My Lily all grown up." my mom whispered her eyes glassy with emotion

We were about the same height so I was staring her straight in the eye rather than looking up like I use to.

"Your dead." I blurted my eyes stinging with tears as I remembered her slitting her throat

She smiled at me and mouthed 'be a good girl' before she ran that same knife she used to practically cut me open moments before that day.

She dropped her hand to her side. "Nothing is what it seems sweetie. Life is full of mysteries and confusion but if you piece it together it makes perfect sense."

My brows knitted together in confusion. What does that mean?

She walked to my door than turned to face me. She took ten steps forward counting them out loud. Than knelt down pointing to the spot where the tenth step was.

"Start from the golden arch, its beneath where you walk Lily. All the answers you seek are there. It's there."

"What is there?" I asked

She stood up a sad smile on her face. She grabbed my shoulders.

"When you find it go back home, under the rose. Hurry though there is not a lot of time left."

I shook my head not understanding what she was saying. Her eyes softened as she rose her hands to cup my face.

"Don't believe the lies. It's a lie."

She raised her frail hand to my head pushing my hair away from my face a sad look in her eyes.

"There is little time my little Lily go, be safe and stay my good girl." she whispered as her face faded into darkness

~End of dream~

I sat up on the bed drenched in sweat and panting. Raising my hands to my chest I tried slowing my racing heart.

"Lily?" Jake said sitting up

He turned on the lamp by his bed a look of concern on his face. I opened my mouth to speak but it came out as a squeak.