Chapter 20

Sorry the last chapter wasn't good, hope this one makes up for it.

Please continue supporting the story and comment! i love hearing what you guys are thinking.

*******************

Chapter 20

Lily's POV

Weaving through the crowded hallway I headed toward the side doors where I was suppose to meet Jake and his friends.

Most of the school was outside for lunch since it wasn't too cold. I pushed open the heavy metal back doors and spotted the crowd of girlish squeaks as some of the guys ran over to them drenched in sweat. It looked like they were playing football.

Yeah it seems Jake's friends like the little get togethers during lunch so much they decided to do it more often. Its horrible when they get together, all they do is flirt and touch. Between the two adoring couples and their horny friends I was always stuck staring up in space trying to go to my happy place.

Nick ran up to Rachel collecting her in his arms as she protested loudly. Nick pecked her cheek and took off running with an evil smirk. I smiled as he ran around with Rach in his arms.

"Hey Lily." Terry said cheerfully as I approached them

I waved and stood beside them akwardly. Terry smiled at Jane the rude red head as they inched closer to me. I pretended not to notice as I watched the Scott push Jeff down and catch the pass meant for him.

Jeff grunted quickly rising to his feet he tackled Scott down. Both guys tumbled on the ground trying to get to the ball before the other. Scott managed to get on top of Jeff to prevent him from getting the ball when Jake beat him to it.

Jake ran foward swirving around Seth and straight to the youchdown area. Jake did an akward skip dance that caused everyone to laugh.

"Hmmm that brother of yours sure can't dance."

I nodded my head and turned to see a grinning Cindy. "I don't know why your still with him." I joked

She raised her hand to her mouth to cover her girlish laugh. I smiled, Cindy is this adorable brunette you can't help but smile at. She is like Rach in a way, you hate that you love them. They're like these perfect, perky dolls.

"Glad you joined us this time." she smiled warmly at me

Oh yeah, the day I over heard daddy dearest talking proudly about me. Note the sarcasm. My smile fell into a frown that Cindy caught. He is still avoiding me. Last night dad didn't come to dinner and he left early this morning. Its like he can't bare to see me.

"Something came up." I lied looking back over to the field

Although my eyes were on the guys tackling each other I could feel Cindy studying me.

"So Cindy how are you and Jake?" Terry asked as she came to stand between Cindy and I.

"Great." she answered simply

Terry ran her tongue over her teeth her mouth pulled downwards. She obviously didn't like the short response.

"Ethan isn't here?" she asked turning her mascara crusted eyes to me

I shrugged and ignored the dark look she was giving me. It seems Ethan and I's sudden friendship sparked some rumors of a fling. All we did was talk and walk together.

Rachel shrieked grabbing eveyones attention. Nick had her dangling over his shoulder. She slapped his back angerily but was giggling.

"They are adorable." Cindy said as she stared dreamishly at them