Swedish Worries

Chapter 22

POV: George

I held the hairspray and lighter close to their faces, letting them hear the click of the lighter. Pretty good scare tactic.

"George!" I heard my sister yell, followed by footsteps clomping in the snow.

"Ova' here!" They all ran over to me with worried looks but all I could do was smile at me and Emma's victory! "We got em'!" I smiled.

"What in the world were you thinking!? You two could have gotten yourselves killed!" Felix yelled at me and Emma.

"But we stopped them." I argued.

"Bub, Felix is right. You could have gotten hurt." Fianna agreed.

"But we didn't! We helped." Emma jumped in.

The taller of the two soldiers lifted his head up and said something I will not translate. My eyes darted to Felix. I knew only me and him knew Swedish. Felix angrily looked at the two as they laughed then he kneed the taller one in the head. Everyone gasped except me and Felix because we knew the reasoning. I should have done that before he did.

"We can argue later. You two, go over there." Okay, Felix is really mad. Neither of us said another word, we just walked over to the tree he was pointing at and sat down in the snow.

"He's really freakin' mad." I muttered as Felix tied up the soldiers with the string me and Emma used to trip them.

"I figured as much." Emma said quietly as we watched Felix slam the soldiers backs against the trees and tie them up to the tree. My sister and Ryan just stood there and kinda supervised as Felix yelled at them in Swedish, asking them questions and intimidating them. "Hey, what's he saying?"

"Uhh... He asked 'Where is she?'. They said, 'What are you talking about?'. He said, 'Your taking people back to Sweden. Where to? What are you doing with them?'"

"And? What's the soldiers saying? Why are they laughing?" Emma asked.

"They said the...the-"

"Spit it out! What?"

"Their killing them all. Their just...just test subjects." I held back a tear. Emma's expression dropped to sadness and concern and she wrapped her arms around me.

They can't kill my brother. They can't. They can't do that. No.

A loud gasp brought me out of my thoughts. I looked up to see Felix holding a knife to the soldiers throat. I had no objection. Felix can kill them both for all I care.

"I should kill you two right now." Felix pressed the knife to the taller, more muscular, soldiers neck, drawling some blood. Both soldiers gulped and pushed back into the tree. "But I won't." They eased up a bit until Felix stuck the knife right in between their heads, deep into the tree bark. "If, and only if, you tell me exactly where your base is and the lay out. We have the general location, all you have to do is narrow it down." Both soldiers nodded their heads in agreement. "Hand me the map." He finally spoke in English.

Ryan, in a state of shock, slowly handed Felix the map Remix gave us. It was a huge help. It had a big red circle around an are and had the words "base" written in red with a big arrow pointing at the circle. It also had the docks that the Swedish army uses marked with blue check marks.

"Emma, could I use one of your markers and a pencil?" Felix asked in a more gentle voice.

Emma, who had been holding my hand for awhile now, released me and rummaged through her bag. She pulled out a black marker and a pencil and stood up from the snowy ground. She brushed herself off and walked over to Felix, acting a little scared. He calmly took the marker and pencil from her hand.

"Are you okay?" I asked as she sat by me.

"I've never seen him like that before. It scares me." Emma whispered, confusion practically written on her forehead.

"I know but he has to. You don't understand what they were saying. If you did you'd get what he's doing." I tried to explain.

"Yeah, I guess." She sighed, leaning her head on my shoulder.

I watched as Felix put the map in the soldiers faces as he threatened them. "If this is wrong, I will find you. And I will kill you."

Holy crap! This is crazy! Felix seriously threatening someone's life. Freaked me out.

Both soldiers shook their heads, understanding. He untied the shorter, brown haired soldiers hands and he marked with the black marker where the base was. I couldn't be happier. This upped my chances of getting Grant back. Felix then instructed the same soldier to draw a map of the base.

After a few minutes the man finished drawing and handed Felix the map.

"There. Now you can let us go." The smaller soldier said.

"No." Felix plainly answered.

"We did everything you asked!"

"I'm sorry. I can't risk you going back to your group and telling them about us. We'll never make it to Sweden." Felix started to walk towards Fianna and Ryan.

The soldiers started to whisper then the larger man said, "What if we come with you? Neither of us even wanted to be in the army. We just wanted to stay alive."

"Hold on." Felix said and walked over to Fianna and Ryan. They started talking and arguing but I couldn't understand what they were saying.

"We can't trust them!" was all I got from the conversation, which was said by Fianna.

I guess they came up with something because Felix turned to the soldiers and cut them loose.

"I'm Felix, these are my friends Ryan and Fianna. Over their is Fianna's brother, George, and by her is my...my daughter, Emma." He's lucky he's speaking in Swedish. I don't know how Emma would feel about that. Actually, she might not care. They do act like father and daughter.

"I'm Åskar and this is my best friend, Zeus." The taller, blond soldier said to Felix.

"He said his names Åskar and this is his friend Zeus." Felix translated to the group.

"Can we just get moving?" My sister was agitated. She must have lost the argument.

We all picked up our stuff and Felix made sure the soldiers had no weapons before leaving. I already knew this was going to be awkward. On top of all our problems, now we can add possible traders, and communication. Me and Felix were the only ones that spoke Swedish, so that'll be a problem. Only Emma and me know I can speak Swedish; Fianna thought I dropped out of my Swedish class and quit the whole thing completely but I just self taught. So, Emma just has to keep it under wraps and we're all good. Stick around the soldiers and warn anyone if they talk about betraying us. Perfect!

We were about another two miles down the road, when Åskar and Zeus started freaking out.

"We have to turn around!" Zeus said in a kinda shout-whisper, tugging on Felix's sleeve.

"Or go through the woods!" Åskar agreed.

"Why?" Felix asked.

"Our group, their only a mile north of here!" Zeus pointed a little off to the right of the road.

"Okay. We'll cut through the woods for a few miles." Felix said and relayed what the soldiers were talking about to the group in English. "Ryan, if we cut north-west into the woods for three miles where will we be?"

Ryan looked at the map and skimmed his finger over it. "Umm at the edge of some small town."

"Sounds good. Let's go. Keep your guard up." Felix said and told Zeus and Åskar what we were doing.

*************************************************************************************************************************
Sup Bros,

So, what do you think about the Swedish soldiers? Enemies? Allies? Hehehe...

Anyway! Thank you for reading, voting, sharing, and/or commenting! Also I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!

*BroFist*👊