Great...

Chapter 11

POV: Cry (Ryan)

Pewdie drove down the almost empty road as I stared out the car window. I sighed quietly and leaned my head against the window. The cool glass fogging up as I breath. I start to watch as the buildings zoom by my eyes. I was trying to get the one thing annoying me off my mind.

All I can think about is the fact we need more supplies. I glanced behind me, seeing Emma sitting up in the seat. Her head moved back and forth as music played through her black and red Skull Candy ear buds. I then looked over to Felix and noticed him looking in the rear view mirror, smiling. I never pegged him for the parent type, but he seemed pretty fond of the little girl.

I sighed again and sat up in my seat. I guess since the kid has her head phones in, now is a great time to tell him about the need for supplies.

I cleared my throat, "Hey, um, have you noticed the supplies?" I asked.

He glanced over at me. "Yeah...I know. We need more..." He's sentence trailed off as he looks back at the road.

"Any ideas?" I asked.

He looked in the mirror, checking to see if Emma's paying attention, I guess. "I don't know. Stop anywhere we can. I mean we out gun just about anyone." A smirk came to his features, but quickly faded. "We can stop somewhere when we get into Germany. That shouldn't take more the an hour." Felix told me. I nodded, agreeing with the plan.

"What are you guys talking about?" Emma asked loudly, head phones still in her ears. I chuckled under my breath.

"Turn it down!" Felix shouted back to her, trying to get his voice through the headphones.

"What?" She then asked, taking out her ear buds.

"I said-" He started to yelled but cut himself off when he noticed the ear buds where out. "I said, turn the music down." He smiled.

"So, what were you guys talking about?"

"Umm, just about stopping to somewhere to get some more supplies." Felix answered.

After that the ride was pretty quite, small conversations picking up here and there, but that's about it.

***

We saw a sign up a head after an hour of driving. It read "Deutschland". I'm guessing it means "Germany". Felix stopped the car far from the sign. Thank god he noticed. I had to squint my eyes to see the armed soldiers in front of the toll booths.

"W-what are they doing?" Emma asked, looking at them as they put a person on their knees.

"Emma, don't look." Felix ordered. I think she covered her eyes and ears.

A gun shot rang, we all jumped, and the person on their knees fell lifelessly forward, smacking the pavement.

"We have to find another way around." I stated, staring blankly forward. I flickered my eyes a few times, shook my head, and looked over to Felix. I didn't dare look at Emma. She's seen to much already. She's probably petrified by now if she saw, which I think she didn't, but to be sure I didn't look back.

Felix mimicked what I did then nodded slightly. Then started the car and put it in revers. I guess the soldiers noticed because bullets started to fly in are direction.

"Get down!" Me and Felix shouted in sync.

Emma screamed as Felix made a sharp U-turn and high-tailed-it out of there and the dogs began to bark. He speeded down the road until we were about ten miles away. He came to a stop on the middle of the room and let out a deep breath mixed with a laugh. I did the same and we looked at each other "Wooohoo!" We both chanted as we brofisted. Emma started laughing a little as well.

"That was way to close!" She sighed. "Lets not do that again."

"Agreed." I said running my fingers through my thick brown hair.

Felix rubbed his face with both hands and, after a few seconds of just setting there! getting our nerves together, we started to move again.

I checked the map and found another way to get into Germany. It wasn't far and we hopped it didn't have any infected zombie things or soldiers anywhere near.

As we got closer to the entry to Germany, we all looked around closely. None of us took our eyes off the road. Heck, I think the dogs where looking out to. No army vehicles or soldiers were anywhere around. The car crept up slowly to the closed gates into Germany. This place looked like a large check-point for going into Germany.

There were no toll booths, just a small guard stand on either side of the iron rod gate. The gate was already slightly pushed open toward the opposing side.

Pewdie took a deep, nervous breath as he gently put his foot to the gas peddle. The car slowly moved forward, pushing the gate open. We still looked all around the car for anything or anyone. Nothing was around us tho. And when I say nothing I really men nothing. Just a completely empty road surrounded by forest.

"Wow...This is thicker then the woods around my house." Emma mumbled as she looked into the thick, dim forest.

It looked so,...so, peaceful and calm. Like it was untouched by the madness of the apocalypse. I rolled down my window as Felix cruised down the road, sticking my arm out, taking in the fresh air. Emma and the dogs were doing the same.

Air was rushing throughout the car, cooling it down immensely. We had little to no air running to use as little extra car energy as possible, so the cool air was great.

"So, where are we going now?" Emma asked.

I picked up the map and scanned over. "If we take a... right turn a few miles ahead we'll be back on track." I marked it with a blue marker so she could see.

After a few minutes Emma began to fidget around in her seat. "C-can we stop soon?" She shyly asked.

"Yeah, we're going to stop at the first had station we find. Why?" Felix asked. I turned to her and could already tell.

When she didn't answer I leaned over to Felix. "I think she has to us the bathroom." I whispered.

He mouthed "oh" and nodded.

After driving about fifteen more minutes, we pulled into a gas station parking lot. Emma darted out of the car, disregarding the danger of the whole situation. Felix and I raced after her, guns drawn.

"Emma!" Pewdie and I repeatedly whispered, scanning the area as we ran in. She darted to the bathroom and locked the door behind her. We huffed and leaned on the wall of by the bathroom door. Why she locked the bathroom, I don't know. Probably a force of habit.

When she walked out of the bathroom, Pewdie gave her that look you get from your parent when you did something wrong. She faked an innocent smile and he rolled his eyes. "Don't do that again!" He scolded.

"Sorry. But I'm fine...We're all good." She smiled.

He sighed and rolled his eyes. "Come on. Grab anything you need." He said as he walked to the door. We all grabbed anything that looked of importance as we walked out of the small store.

We all hopped in the car drove off to find a bigger store. Germany looked different from Italy. It was really weird. There where actually more zombies there and people watched out car from their windows. There where little to no cars on the streets here. And the place looked like a reck. Glass display windows broken. TV's, clothes and other things missing from the platforms of the displays. On the TVs still there was a black screen that replayed the same words over and over. I couldn't read it tho, it was all in German.

Soon, we pulled into a large mall-like parking lot. It kinda looked like a mall mixed with a Walmart.

"Okay, game plan." I clapped my hands together.

"Stick together, get the man essentials: food, water, medicine. Keep your guns out, and extra ammo on you." Felix instructed.

"Got it!" Emma and I said in sync.

Emma and I grabbed our backpacks and I put some extra clips in her pack. Felix put two in his pocket and I slid to on my brown, leather ammo belt going across my chest. Then we were all ready.

I slid down my Sup Guy mask as we walked toward the mall and cocked my gun. When we walked up to the down, we stopped.

"Stay on guard and together." I said, then pushed open the door.

The mall was immense. Deferent types of shops everywhere. The ground was covered in glass, paper, clothes, food, and other trash. Chairs and tables from the concession area where knocked over and some blood was splattered along the floor like some people were in a fist fight.

We walked around store to store finding: a WHOLE LOT of water, caned food, dog food, Felix a backpack, some large containers to hold gas, and of course Emma went on a clothes shopping spree for all of us. Wait a second. A thought accrued to me as Felix and I walked out of a sporting good store. I looked around me.

"Where'd she go!" I exclaimed, looking behind me, pulling off my mask.

Felix darted around. "She was right behind us!" He yelled. Then the most awful thing happened.

A scream and gun shot echoed from the other side of the mall. We looked at each other briefly then darted to the other side of the wide corridor. We ran into a small, dimly light store and froze.

"Emma!" Felix shouted. He looked so nervous and scared.

"Emma!" I yelled as well, as we both ran to the back of the store.

"Felix! Ryan!" Emma yelled. I found it weird when she called me by my first name but I disregarded it.

We ran to where she was and found her pointing her gun at a girl about my age and a boy about Emma's age.

"Th-they scared me. Wh-what do I do?" She stuttered. They both had there hands up and there was a small gun by the girls foot.

*************************************************************************************************

It was 11:58pm when I published this so I kept my word :D lol.

*BroFist*👊