Connected Dreaming

This is super super short but for a good reason!
********************************************************************************************************************

Chapter 16

POV: Marzia

My head snapped up at the sound of a large crash. The vehicle was still moving and no one seemed alerted by the crash. I sighed.

"Hey, did you hear that?" Ashly asked me, in a shaky tone.

"Yeah. It sounded like a car crashed." I whispered. I was really curious as to what was going on now.

I tried to raise my right hand but I remembered it was handcuffed to the seat. So, I tried to up my lift hand but Ashly's hand was planted firmly in the wood seat.

I stared to pull on our cuffed-together hands. "Ashly, lift your hand with mine." I told her.

"Why?" she asked.

"I want to see."

"What if they catch you?" Her voice sounded shaky and nervous.

"They won't. It'll be fine." I promised.

She sighed as I lifted my hand up to my face. Ashly's hand was now limply hanging on the other end of the chain.

I pulled the cloth bag up just enough to see. I looked out and saw a road framed by dense woods. I also saw a small light way in the distance that looked like a camp fire and thought nothing more of it. Something must have just exploded in the fire, like a fire work or something.

"What do you see?"

"Just the woods." I shivered from the rush of cold air and put the bag back over my head before anyone noticed me.

"Kill 'em!" I heard a voice yell over moaning and groaning. Then the gunshots began. I practically jumped into Ashly's lap from fear.

"You okay?" Her voice was laced with fear as well.

"Ye-yeah." I lied, not removing my arms from around her shoulders. I stayed like that and drifted off to sleep for the first time.

************
"Hey baby," I heard his silly voice ring in my ears.

"Felix?" I opened my eyes and smiled when I saw his blue eyes inches from my face.

"Who else would it be?" Felix laughed. God I love his laugh.

"Wow, where are we?" I rubbed my head as I sat up from the ground and looked around the foggy forest lit partly by the sunrise.

"I don't know. Where do you want to be?" He asked.

My smile grew. "Home."

"Close your eyes." Felix said as he kissed my lips softly.

He pulled back from the kiss and we were in the kitchen. At home. The table had the dinner I had prepared for when he got home from the convention laid out. Our plates were full of food and our glasses had red wine poured in them.

"So, what was that news you wanted to tell me about?" Felix smiled as he sipped his wine.

I took the wine from his hand and sat it on the table. I let him swallow before talking. "I-I'm pregnant Felix..." I looked down, afraid of how he would take it.

"Are you serious!?" I couldn't tell his emotion but I was taking as bad. "I'm going to be a dad!" he cupped my face in his hands and lifted my head to look into his eyes. I was shocked to see a tear in his eye and a smile on his face. He got down on one knee and pulled out his wallet. "I wasn't sure when to do this. But now seems like the perfect time." He took a deep breath and pulled out a ring from his wallet, holding it out to me. "Marzia Bisognin, will you marry me?"

My hands went over my mouth and tears rolled down my eyes. "Yes! yes!" I was ecstatic! He slid the ring on my finger and jumped to his feet and wrapped me in a hug, lifting me off the ground and spinning around. He sat me down and kissed me. We kissed for a long time.
**********

"Aye! Wake up!" An angry voice yelled at me. I opened my eyes and I automatically noticed the bag off my head. I could see the light from outside shining in the long vehicle. "Get to the boat!" The soldier barked his order in my face.