Roxas X OC One-Shot (High School AU)

For: Veytris (@FairyTailDemigod)

Author's Notes:

I am the WORST person on the face of this planet. Honestly, it's been a freaking YEAR since this request was put in, and I am just writing this now. I'm so so so so so sorry! Hopefully it turns out alright, but I haven't really exercised my writing skills so... I'm terribly sorry...

If anyone has a request that I've put off, please remind me. TT^TT I'm a horrible person

I do not own any Kingdom Hearts or Final Fantasy characters used in this story, nor do I own the video or picture. These all belong to their original owners/creators.

*************

"Hey, wanna go out on a date?"

I looked up from my current worksheet at the person casting a shadow down on my work.

"... What?"

The blonde in front of me gave a wide grin, shifting from one foot to the other as he scratched at the back of his head.

"A date! C'mon, I can't be that horrible looking, right?"

"O... kay?"

~*~*~

"Why did you agree?!" Hope, my bestie, groaned as we sat on top of the rooftop of DIH. "Raixe, you can't stand his friend group."

"I know I can't!" I groaned, pushing my brown locks out of the way of my boxed lunch. "I dunno... It just seemed rude to say I didn't want to. I'm not that much of a bitch."

He sighed as he took a bite from his sandwich and we looked out into the field. From where we sat we had a perfect view of the friend group we were just talking about.

"Ugh. Look at them. They're all just goofing off and wasting the day away," I grumbled, scrunching up my nose in disgust. "Jocks are so annoying. And they're going to end up kicking that ball too hard and hitting that freshman group."

"See, this is why you should've said that you had something to do," Hope sighed, "I bet he's going to end up getting you Sea-Salt ice cream. He's obsessed with that shit."

"Ugh, what have I gotten myself into?!" I nearly screamed, no longer in the mood for my lunch.

"When do you want the bad date bail out call?"

"Don't bother. Let me suffer, I asked for it."

~*~*~

"Roxy, you sure about this?" Sora asked worriedly from the top of their bunk bed. "I swear, I've seen her glaring at you in math. It ain't pretty. What if she decides to poison you or something?"

"Sora," Roxas laughed, fixing his hair a bit as he looked at his brother through the mirror, "I'm sure she's not going to kill me. Besides, she's super cute and smart and seems really sweet."

"Whatever, but if you die, I get your skateboard."

"Yeah, yeah."

~*~*~

>3rd Person<

"Hey," Roxas smiled.

"Hi," Raixe nodded, stepping out of my dorm room. they walked down to the lobby and out the doors, not saying a word. 'Well ain't this awkward.'

"So, how's life?" the blonde asked, breaking the tension.

"Fine."

. . .

'Well, shit.'

"So, you live in the dorms," Roxas tried again, smiling awkwardly, "You going to visit your family during break?"

"My parents are dead."

'Shit!' Roxas thought, already building up a sweat. "I'm so sorry."

"It's fine," the brunette responded.

"Um... Is there anything you want to do? We can get ice cream. Sea-Salt's my favorite."

'Find common ground. Can't be too hard.'

"I'm allergic the Sea-Salt ice-cream." Raixe sighed. 'Already this date sucks.'

"How about the beach then?" 'Hang in there Roxas!'

"I'm thalassophobic," Raixe shot back. "I'm afraid of the sea."

'You live on an is- you know what. Fuck it,' Roxas screamed internally. There was no common ground. Nothing. Nada. Zilch!

"You know what," Raixe sighed, turning to the blond as she stepped back a bit, "I think I should just go home. This really isn't working and-"

"LOOK OUT!"

She felt the wind rush by as Roxas pulled her to his chest, back onto the sidewalk as she heard a motorcycle rush by.

'What the-'

"Was that Vanitas?" She heard Roxas mumbled in disbelief, watching after the speeding ravenette. "Never mind, are you alright?"

"Uh... Yeah," She responded, still kind of dazed as she looked up at him. "Thank you. You saved me."

"Of course. It'd be a really shitty date if it ended with you dying," Roxas chuckled, still a bit off-put by the near death of his date.

"Your right," Raixe chuckled. "Well, now I definitely can't leave. Want to try running around the supermarket? We can try playing Marco-Polo and Hide and Seek."

Roxas broke into a fit of laughter and nodded, grabbing her hand and leading her to their destination. "That sound fantastic right now."

-------

I knew it. I'm trash. I need to reflect on my life and see where things went wrong. I feel like my writing potential has just vanished.

I'm sorry if this is no good, but I hope it's at least acceptable! Sorry it took a freaking year! But, I'll try and revisit this and maybe do a redo after I've gotten back into the flow of writing for KH/FF, instead of my originals or freaking Disney's Descendants. Literally, I'm a total slut for that movie. Ugh. ALRIGHTY! Bye!

»Next time! UtaXOC [Tokyo Ghoul]«