Twenty Two.

"Always go with the choice that scares you the most, because that is going to help you grow."

-Caroline Myss

-------------------

Just two short weeks later I was moved into the pack house and really living there as if I had grown up there. I was beginning to interact with the pack members and I could tell I had made the right decision. My bakery had been sold to one of my customers who had a knack with business although you could still find me in the kitchen whipping up something whenever I got bored. Gray's parents were giving us some space, never asking about us, instead spending the time to get to know me better as an individual. They were off for vacation in France for a month on a wine tour and while they insisted they had this planned months ago, I knew that it was a last minute trip so Gray and I could really figure things out. 

There was still an incredible amount of tension between us. I was giving it my all but it seemed as if Grayson was always scared to take it one step too far. I asked him today whether he thought I should move in the same room as him and he replied, 

"I do not think that is the best idea".

"Why Gray"? 

"We can't rush things". 

I left it at that. Rush things? How could we be rushing things now? We had tried to work for so long and the more we tried to push each other away the more pain we felt. A week into his parents trip I decided I needed him to begin to trust himself. Gray was so worried about the past repeating himself that it was doing just that by ignoring me. 

Late in the afternoon I snuck up into his office. He nodded in greeting to me. 

I walked behind his desk and intertwined my arms around his neck. I could feel his body immediately relax. He then pulled me down on his lap and embraced me holding me there like a small, frail child. No words were spoken but it was like our bodies and wolfs were communicating for us. 

Late that night I couldn't sleep. I was restless aching for Grayson to hold me once more. I was fighting with my wolf. She thought it would be a fantastic idea if I tried to go to Grayson's room. I eventually convinced her that I would probably be murdered. 

Just minutes later I heard a quiet knock on my door. I didn't even need to ask who was there. I could smell the scent of Grayson from a mile away. He opened the door and quietly closed it walking slowly to my bed. 

"Hey" 

"Hey" 

"Mind if I join you"? "My wolf is restless". 

I nodded. He carefully pulled down the covers on my left side and climbed in. I could feel the bed shift as he lowered himself on the bed. For awhile we were both silent and un-moving. Eventually I scooted closer to him so our legs were touching and he finally wrapped his arms around me, spooning me from behind. 

I fell asleep shortly after and woke up hours later. It was morning as the hideous sun was peeking through the crack in my curtains. I turned over expecting to get up to use the bathroom when I found my self dangling inches from the floor. With the blood rushing to my head I realized that my legs were so intertwined around Grayson's that I was caught. This triggered him to wake. And no, not because I was pulling him with me, because I started yelping aware of the pain I was feeling. He groaned and looked over at where I should have been lying. I saw the flash of panic in his eyes as his muscular arm pulled me back up with one tug. 

Did I thank him? No. I was so busing staring at his muscular chest and bulge in his boxers that I forgot he was still awake. He starting chuckling so blushing I quickly hopped out of bed making a beeline for the bathroom. Much to my surprise when I got out he was still lying in bed. He patted my side of the bed gesturing for me to come back. So I did. Just as I was about to drift off I could feel his fingers tracing my back through the light cotton of my shirt. I flipped myself over landing right on top of him. Mentally thanking myself for brushing my teeth in the bathroom I leaned in for a kiss. It began hungry and held so much meaning. I pulled back gasping for breath and admired Gray's rosy lips. I wanted more. 

"Mark me" 

"Willow you no I can't. I won't be able to control myself".

"I don't care. Please." 

Knowing my pleas were not going to help my case I began to caress his bare chest placing kisses on his toned abdomen. And then I felt it. His sharp canines pierced my neck making me scream out from the pain. I didn't fight it this time. I welcomed it. I needed it. He quickly licked at the wound before placing kisses on it. He moved his kisses from my neck down to my cheek and then my belly. 

Before I knew it shirts were flying and I was soaring on cloud 9. 

We both released, breathing heavily from the fastness of it all. 

"I love you". He whispered. 

"I love you too".