Twenty.

"Just because I'm strong enough to handle pain, doesn't mean I deserve it" 

I was immobile. I was breathing, that much I knew. Yet my arms and legs felt glued down to the bed I had a feeling I was in. This was a déjà vu moment for me for I thought back to the time I was first kidnapped and I blacked out. This was a different story. I wanted to reach out and touch my neck which was burning. The longer I was conscious of where I was, the more I could move. My fingers which were once held in a tight fist were now slowly extending. My body felt extremely warm as moisture beaded on my forehead. Now that I was finally able to move I could feel the constant pulse of ache all throughout my body. I screamed out from the pain.

"Another sedative?" I heard someone ask.

I croaked a grunted no.

"No", I said louder this time.

But before I knew it I felt a needle piercing into my burning arm. 

---------

This time when I woke I resisted the urge to scream out. I tested my strength by weakly moving my arms and legs. There was a sore constant pain that ran throughout my body, yet I felt numb. I slowly opened my eyes expecting piercing sunlight to blind me but it was quite dark for only a small lamp in the corner barely illuminated the room itself. 

I could tell that I was not in the pack house. There was a rectangular piece of glass embedded near the door that allowed me to peer out from my bed. Through it there was a constant flow of people and what appeared to be doctors and nurses. Knowing I would have to bite the bullet sometime I hit the call button on my bed. 

A few minutes passed before a young lady entered the room. 

"Oh my, you really are awake! I thought that you must have accidentally hit it again while you were sleeping. Let me go fetch the doctor", the nurse said. 

In a matter of minutes a woman who appeared to be in her mid-forties set foot into the room. After she closed the door and picked up a chair that was sitting next to  a small table in the room and brought it near my bed. 

She sat down. 

"Willow my name is Dr. Angela Crow, please just call me Angela". 

I nodded in reply and drank the water by my bedside soothing my dry and aching throat. 

"Before we begin I would like you to know that I am human, like yourself, but I am very familiar with the supernatural species as well. I am sure you remember being bitten"?, she asked. 

I nodded in reply once more. 

"Grayson's brother drove you here immediately after you fainted. He thought it would be best to get you away from Gray and to ensure that you got proper treatment from someone who was more familiar with your species. It was a very smart thing to do. From the tests we ran on you and from my knowledge I believe the bite did not take one you. No matter how much a female wolf wants or does not want a mate mark, it all feels the same and takes for them all. Because you are human I am guessing that you have to be one-hundred percent aware and willing for the bite to take. In response your body fought the bite causing you to faint and feel more pain than I ever knew was possible. Even here you have been a high risk patient. We have kept you in the ICU this whole time and we transported you two days ago when we realized you were becoming more aware. I know this is difficult enough already but you have been here almost a full month now".

Angela, noticing my lack of reaction continued on. 

"You experienced a few mild seizures, high body temperatures, and other side effects of the bite, due to your body fighting it. We have you on morphine now but the pain is still clearly evident. You nearly black out every time we try to ween you off of it. The bite has nearly healed now and I am planning on releasing you soon but you have to be very careful. You went through a lot here and your body is tired and sore. I contacted Grayson and his pack and they should be here shortly to see you. I also am going to try to ween you off the morphine drip again but I am going to be giving you a higher dose of aspirin to replace it. Are you following"?

"The seizures... am I okay"? 

"You should be fine now but there were moments in the first week or so where I honestly thought you were not going to make it", Angela finished. 

I nodded and closed my eyes hoping that she would get the hint. 

She did for I heard the door closing a minute later. It then opened again. 

I opened my eyes expecting to see Grayson standing there but instead there stood a man who appeared to be in his late twenties with Grayson's same piercing eyes.

"Willow, my name is Jack. I am Grayson's brother". 

"You are the one who brought me here right"? 

He nodded. 

"Thank you. I owe you my life". 

He nodded again. If this wasn't familiar then I don't know what is. 

"Listen, Grayson is here too. He insisted he had to see you first but I talked him out of it because I need to talk to you. He has been telling me a lot of what went on these past few years and I'm sorry, I really am. He's an asshole, which you probably already know, but he is a great guy too and I am not just saying that because I'm his brother. He has not treated you the way he should and I get that but I know he wants to be the best mate he can be. He struggles to keep a handle on his wolf but he has been working on it. He has been going nuts these past few weeks. We just finally got him to go home and rest this week. He has slept here every night on that armchair watching over you and trust me he does not smell good after not showering. I know you might not be able to ever forgive him, but please don't reject him."

Listening to him talk sent a whole new wave of emotions through me. I wiped away my sad and angry tears before mouthing a thank you to him and gesturing for him to let Grayson see me. 

This was it. 

++++++++++++++++++++PLEASE READ+++++++++++

I am extremely proud of this chapter and it would mean the world to me if you like this chapter (and the rest of them, it only takes a second - I promise!) and comment. What do you guys think of this chapter. How do you think our little spitfire Willow is going to respond? How would you respond? I appreciate the feed back guys!!! 

I promise to keep updating as well!!! 

xoxo

-love_pink25