F O U R

“No Erin, he’s only gonna hurt you!” I whined as I stared at the TV in front of me. I was sitting cross legged on the couch, a bowl of popcorn resting on my legs. I dug into the bowl, stuffing several kernels in my mouth before chewing and shaking my head.

“I…” Erin, the main protagonist on the show I was watching, hesitated before replying to Ricardio, the hot Spanish dude that only wanted her because her father was the CEO of a huge company.

“I love you, Erin,” Ricardio begged with his hot-as-ever accent. “Please, just give me a chance.”

Erin stared at the ground before looking back at him. “Okay,” she sighed. “I’ll give you another chance.”

Precioso!” Ricardio celebrated before taking Erin into his arms and spinning her around.

“I can’t watch this crap,” I grumbled. “Seriously? She took him back? But he almost killed her twice and he’s out to get her father and-”

My angry rant was cut off by the sound of my phone ringing. I groaned before fishing it out of my pocket and answering it, not bothering to check who it was.

“Hello?” I sighed into the phone.

“Hi, Carter!” A cheery Irish accent called. Did I know anyone that was Irish? Oh, right! One of the lads from One Direction…Niall, right? At least, I hoped he was Niall. I was gonna go for it.

“Hey, Niall! How’s it going?”

“I’m great, actually! Thanks for asking!”

I breathed a sigh of relief. So he was Niall. I vaguely remembered Miranda lecturing me a few weeks ago.

“Niall.” She pointed to one of the boys in the magazine she was holding. “He’s the Irish one.”

“Why is there an Irish dude in a British band?” I leaned back on the bed, crossing my arms.

Miranda huffed and rolled her eyes. “It’s a British-Irish boyband,” she said, “So it makes sense.”

“Sure it does,” I replied.

Miranda only shook her head at me and pointed to the next ones. “Louis is the slightly crazy one, he’s really hot now, Jesus Christ my feels, erm, Harry’s the curly one, gorgeous green eyes, Zayn is the engaged one, black hair, hotter than bacon, and Liam is the other one.”

“Why ‘the other one’?” I scowled. “That’s not very nice, Mirry.”

“Not in a rude way!” She quickly came to her own defense. “I only said ‘the other one’ because there is no possible way to describe him. He’s a devil and a saint, he’s the good and the bad, he’s the hot and…no, he’s the mother-flacking sexy. There’s literally no one way to describe him.”

“That’s good!” I shot out of memory lane and went back to my conversation with Niall. “Anything wrong?”

“No, not really,” Niall said, “I was just wondering if you could come in today? We just had a meeting with management.”

“Oh?” I frowned, trying to think if I could go. “What happened at the meeting?”

“We just told them about Iris’ leave and how we’d be writing our own songs from now on, and then they said they shortened the time we have to get the songs for our new album together and record them.”

I frowned even deeper. “How much time?”

“A little less than a month.” Niall sounded worried. “So we really need to get working…”