35. Little Ray of sunshine

Hadrian's POV

I was drunk.

Not the calm or happy drunk but the angry type. Luckily, my sober self had locked the door and hid the keys, effectively trapping me in my room. So I took my anger out on it. A few hours later and the clean room looked like something had exploded inside. Glass was shattered across the floor like a carpet with the chairs overturned and curtains ripped to shreds. And I was sitting in the middle of the chaos, nursing a bottle of whiskey.

I knew I was acting like a baby b*tch, feeling sorry for myself but I couldn't help it. I had lost a lot. A girlfriend, a could-have- been girlfriend, Pia's friendship... No, scratch that. Pia always had mixed emotions towards me so that was nothing new. I brought the bottle towards my mouth to find out it was empty then swiftly threw it at the wall, creating more mess.

"F*ck my life," I muttered to no one but myself. It was late at night and I imagined Rhea would be all over Tom. Touching him, kissing him - everything I want to do to her but couldn't. Just the thought made my blood boil causing the light bulbs around me to explode. I leaned back to lay flat on the floor, trying to change the direction of my thoughts.

Noah. The biggest d*ck I have ever known. I knew he was trouble the second he walked in, trying to taunt me by taking Marcia and Rhea away from me.

My internal rant was interrupted when I heard the door being unlocked. I didn't move, knowing who it was because only one other person had the key to my room.

"Aren't you supposed to be with Pia?" I asked when they had entered.

"I came to check on you. And thank goodness I did," Ryan replied. His feet crunched against the glass as he came towards me.

"I'm fine as you can see."

"Yep sitting in the middle of your own destruction screams fine."

"I'm glad we have an understanding." I summoned another bottle of alcohol, not sure what it was and drained it quickly. Ryan looked horrified.

"Are you trying to kill yourself?!"

I rolled my eyes at him. "I can't f*cking die that easily. I'm hurting Ryan." He stared at me confused. "There's a f*cking pain in my chest and I don't know what it is. I've taken around 20 pills but nothing works."

My friend went over to my counter to see the empty packets of the drugs I took. "Sh*t, Hadrian. You're lucky you heal fast otherwise you'd be dead by now."

I sat up, running my hand through my hair in frustration. "I swear I'm going to carve my heart out. It hurts."

"You probably just miss Rhea," he muttered, chucking things in the bin.

"No, I don't," I lied. "She's annoying and-"

"I know. You've told me before. I've never seen you act like this before. It's like a spell has been cast on you."

My eyes widened. "Maybe she did put spell on me. She can do Magyk, right? Maybe she's a witch."

Ryan shook his head, shaking with laughter. I closed my eyes only to be tortured with the image of Rhea's flushed face after I had kissed her. Looking back, that was the moment I realised I that I felt something towards her and wanted her as mine. But it's over now.

My attention was diverted when Ryan began to speak. "If you really like her, just ask her out."

"I'm not allowed to do that. You see, my cousin claimed her so I can't do anything to her until he says he doesn't want her. But guess what?" I paused as if I had something dramatic to say. "I did, I kissed her. And I f*cking liked it." I laughed bitterly.

"Can't you ask him?" Ryan said, finally sitting beside me.

"I would love to but he's not stupid. I've threatened him so he's taking everything he can to protect himself." I sighed. "Ryan, promise me that you'll trust me."

"Of course I do. You're like my brother, Hade."

"So if I told you to give me all the money in your bank account and said trust me, would you?"

"Nope. Our bond ain't that strong," he replied grinning. I smiled back. Even with all sh*t I had been through, it was nice to know that he still has my back.

"Well, what if I told you Helios is unconscious in my wardrobe?"

"I'd say what the f*ck is he doing there?"

I got up and stumbled my way to my bedroom with Ryan following me. The glass on the floor embedded itself into my feet but my body was numb due to the substances in my system. After figuring out where my wardrobe was, I opened it to reveal Helios' body. Ryan raised his eyebrow, waiting for me to explain.

"I found him at the edge of the forest like this."

"So you dumped him in your closet?"

"I wasn't in the mood to think rationally. Can you sort him out?"

Ryan looked defeated. "Fine. You owe me." He grabbed Helios' arms and pulled him out. "You need to get the drugs out of you asap. Tomorrow's Friday and after that is the dance so you can't be walking around high."

I attempted to help him take Helios out of my dorm without dropping him on the ground but it proved to be a difficult task since I could barely hold up my body. I tripped over multiple times and bumped into a table causing things to smash on the ground. Once they were in the hallway, I closed the door, leaving me alone again.

"I need another beer."

#

^ Trailer above

A big HELLO to the 'We hate Hadrian fan club'. You know who you are XD

Don't any of you feel sorry for him? No one? *sighs*

Anyway onto important issues. WE HAVE 8 MORE CHAPTERS LEFT! *crowd cries* I can confirm that there will be a sequel though!

Now please, VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE! (tell friends, family, strangers...I don't mind) :)

Shoutout to @amazeballs_qt for being so sweet and nice <3

XO Nyx_