2. Crazy starts with P

After getting lost multiple times, my mother and I made it to the reception where a kind lady sat, working on her computer.

"Hello. I'm here to drop my daughter for her first day."

The lady looked at us briefly and continued typing. Okay, so maybe this woman wasn't kind but boarder line rude. I began tapping the table in an attempt to divert her attention from the glowing screen to my mother. Finally, she stared back at us.

"Name and Heritage," she said bored.

What does she mean by heritage? I thought. Suddenly, there was shouting from a room that was far down the corridor and huge crash. I turned and saw a boy come out. He looked tall but from where I was standing, I couldn't guess his age.

"I'm not a f*cking animal so why should I stay there?" he yelled to someone. A muffled voice replied back which the boy responded by using his middle fingers. My mother looked slightly shocked - this could be evidence that I shouldn't stay! I raised my eyebrows at her but she went back to answering the secretary's questions.

"Rhea Montero and her heritage is sorcery." She didn't look me in the eyes and it was probably for the best since I was convinced mine were going to drop out of my head. I waited for her to finish and noticed that the shouting boy had disappeared. So the first person I see in this school is an angry male who can't use his indoor voice.

Great.

*****

"Mother."

We were alone in front of my dorm room in the west building which was for the girls. The rooms for boys were in another building on the East of the main school. I found out from the flyer given to us that there were a total of 5 buildings. After reading this, I started praying that I wouldn't get lost in the maze they call a school.

"Rhea, please. I can explain but not in much detail since this is your father's fault," she gave me my introduction pack and a hug. "You're special and this place will help you with that."

"With what exactly?" I asked

She sighed deeply, shaking her head. That's all she seemed willing to tell me and she could tell it wasn't enough information. She gently pushed me towards the door and I looked at her with a glare.

"Your stuff are inside already and I will ask the school if I can call you later as you have no phone now. I promise I'll explain everything to you then."

Knowing this would be the last time I'd see her for a while, I forgot about my anger for a second and hugged her once more. Then let go because honestly, I need to be strong and stubborn and... Yeah. My mother went down the stairs leaving me alone in a school that may not be normal.

I opened the pale white door and looked inside. It was quiet with the lights turned off.

"Hello? It's me..." I sang quietly. I soon noticed that's no one else was there. Might as well look around, I thought. One room, divided by the different carpets, mine was pale brown and my roommate's was a bright shade of pink. I hoped this girl was not a barbie girl because I didn't know how we would survive together for a year.

A year. Well, at least for the first time in my life I get my own bathroom. I began unpacking, placing my photos of my family next to my bed then laying on it. It was soft like marshmallows and clouds. Which made me sleepy...

"Hmm... Should I cut all your hair or some?" Said a voice above me. Wait. Above me?

I opened my eyes and looked into another pair of moss green ones. The girl with a pixie hair cut grinned at me and I smiled back until I saw the scissors in her hands.

"Hey Rhea! I'm Pia. Our names rhyme!"

I may have passed out in shock or fear.

#

-Hello cookie crew!

Q. Is it possible to have too much sugar?

A. No.

Anyway, ^^ how are you all?

XO Nyx_