23. Tag, you're it

Hadrian's POV

One week later (Monday)

My dad led me into the office, with me looking bored. The woman behind the desk perked up as soon as she saw my dad.

"Hello, how can I help you today, Mr. DiRomero?" she leaned forward to show off her 'assets' but my father had no time as he had a meeting later.

"My son is back and I was told he's going to be tagged." The woman giggled then went to get someone to sort us out.

"Son, can you behave for a while? Just stay under the rader for a bit."

"You want me to not kill Noah in other words."

"If you want to put it like that, go ahead." He picked up one of the school's leaflets, staring at it as if he was genuinely interested.

"Do you know how annoying it is to see the face of a guy who put you in here?"

My dad never got to answer because the Deputy Head came towards us. He shook my father's hand in respect.

"Good morning, Mr. DiRomero and Hadrian. As you know, we've decided we have to put an electronic tag on you so we know where you are. It can't come off without a password and it's waterproof. We also now expect you to go to lessons without fail."

I was about to protest but my dad gave me a stern look.

"Okay, that's fine. Can we have the device?" The deputy handed over a thin bracelet like thing which my father swiftly attached to my wrist. It made a clicking noise then went silent.

"Last thing. You must wear uniform as well." That was the last straw.

"F*ck no."

*****

My dad left once I had worn the uniform the school gave me. I refused to wear the blazer or jumper and wore the white button up alone. They let me keep my Nike's then sent me off to my first lesson. Maths.

As I walked through the crowded hallway, I saw many people looking at me in shock either because I was back or wearing uniform. I had no idea where my locker was since I never used it. However, I did know where my so called girlfriend was.

I picked the door lock and entered the classroom 708 to find a sight that didn't shock me. Noah and Marcia were wrapped up with each other, not aware I was standing there. I summoned some popcorn and leaned against the door, waiting for them to notice me chewing.

My cousin was first to realise I was in the room. "Sh*t," he said, eyes wide. Marcia turned to see what he was looking at. She picked up a shirt to cover up herself.

I laughed at her. "Don't stop on my account." I picked up her bra and threw it to her. "Here." She caught it and put it on, her hands shaking.

"H-Hey baby. What are you d-doing here?"

"Well, if you must know, I came back after my suspension because I almost killed the guy you were about to sleep with. Nice place you've chosen." I winked at her making her look down.

"Hadrian, don't get angry at her," Noah begged.

I turned to him, my eyes flashing. "If you think you can tell me what to do, jump out that window and pray your tiny wings will save you," I spat at him.

"It's not his fault."

I smiled threateningly at her. "Get out, b*tch. And don't delude yourself that we're together anymore." She hastily grabbed her things and ran out.

"Hadrian, you can't stay angry at me forever."

"We're immortal. I can stay angry with you for eternity. It's not hard."

"Is this all because of Rhea?" Noah said.

"I'm not angry over a girl! I'm angry because of what you did when we were 13!"

His eyes widened, knowing exactly what I was talking about.

"You opened that portal to hell, let out a whole parade of demons and left me to deal with it. Now I have to pay the price." I began shaking with anger causing the ground to vibrate. Noah grabbed onto a table when he lost his balance.

"Calm down, please!" He tried to convince me.

"And now, you're here acting as if that never happened! I swear to you, Noah the angel of revenge, that I will kill you no matter what."

The ground went still shaking and the shouts from outside the classroom stopped. I opened the door and walked through the startled people leaving Noah alone.

Now it was time for maths.

#

I hope that explained some things ^^

And bad Marcia! Shame on her getting caught red handed...

Xo Nyx_