|25| The Mystery of Ki Deepens

I'm not even gonna pretend that banners are gonna be a thing anymore lmao. 

//so sorry, I'm just out of pictures -w-

BUT! Here's a delightful fan-art of Zel by  ayaka_arisa

again, tysvm it's delightful 

|First Person POV|

For the first time in nearly half a decade, I woke up without screaming. In the quiet afternoon haze, the sunlight that filtered through the half-open curtains seemed almost serene.

I blinked; confused and lost as to where exactly I was. There was something soft and fluffy underneath me - a mattress? But I haven't had a mattress for nearly four years now...

And then last night hit me like a tsunami, nearly knocking the breath out of me. An overwhelming urge to throw up slammed into me, and my head pulsed angrily as flashes of memories  flared up.

I staggered my way into the bathroom, not noticing the falling  sound of water already inside.

I made my way to the toilet, and for the lack of a better word, heaved my guts out. Never fucking drinking again. I grimaced tightly as sweat poured down my face while I struggled to breathe.

Disgust overwhelmed me, but fatigued triumphed over my body and I slid against the door of the washroom, closing it.

And that's when I finally noticed the man inside the shower. The naked man. The naked man with fuchsia hair.

Honestly, at this point I wouldn't be surprised if he had a raging boner.

"Finally awake?" He asked, his voice drifting out from the glass door of the shower. The pane was clouded by steam, but I could still more or less make out his form.

"Ugh..." I mumbled.

A cackle floated out, a harsh sound against the rhythmic pitter-patter of the water.

"I don't know about you, but I had fun last night~" Hisoka purred as he closed the faucets.

"Pass me a towel, will you?"

I blinked with bleary eyes, noticing a towel nearby. I haggardly raised myself up and handed the towel over. My body and brain screamed at me for more sleep, and I was more than happy to oblige now that the toxins finally left my body.

So, without paying Hisoka's ramblings any mind, I slipped out of the washroom and crashed straight into his bed again. Strange - now that I let him know the truth about my position as Empress, it seems that all my defenses against him crashed down.

A small part of me was screaming and raging that I should haul myself out of there, that Hisoka was dangerous. But a much larger part of me was tired and was dealing with a migraine.